Third party LP E6

I have 2 third party lp e6 batteries but i can no longer charge them. I have them for like a year, they used to work perfectly with the charger i had with 7D but since i bought 70D they only worked for like two weeks and now they no longer charge. The original battery does however so i guess the charger is not broken. The light on the charger blinks rapidly which i guess is some sort of communication error. Also when i insert them into the camera it asks me whether i really wanna use them "Communication with canon LP E6 battery is irregular, continue to use this battery? Any ideas how to make them work? I could probably buy the original batteries but they are so god damn overpriced, and even though i can afford them im not willing to give them such amount of money for a battery. Is it possible canon intentionally made third party batteries not work with their new stuff?

I have 2 third party lp e6 batteries but i can no longer charge them. I have them for like a year, they used to work perfectly with the charger i had with 7D but since i bought 70D they only worked for like two weeks and now they no longer charge. The original battery does however so i guess the charger is not broken. The light on the charger blinks rapidly which i guess is some sort of communication error. Also when i insert them into the camera it asks me whether i really wanna use them "Communication with canon LP E6 battery is irregular, continue to use this battery? Any ideas how to make them work? I could probably buy the original batteries but they are so god damn overpriced, and even though i can afford them im not willing to give them such amount of money for a battery. Is it possible canon intentionally made third party batteries not work with their new stuff?

Try vigorously rubbing the contacts on a carpet. They will always be iffy though when depleted fully (if you get them to work)

Unfortunately that doesnt work, ive even tried to clean to contacts with compressed air with no success. Is it possible they malfunctioned because i havent used them for like 2-3 months? They might aswell just be shitty i mean in the end they cost 8 times less than the batteries offered by canon.

Back