• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Unknown

Girl at the end was very creepy, that'll be an image to remember. One criticism, try it with less of a soundtrack, was good in parts but IMO, tension can be built up equally as well without music (obviously it can be used very effectivaly, but just seemed to be a bit over-empowering ) to build up a very creepy atmosphere.

Was there a special reason for the headphone suggestion? I was expecting a soundmix more similar to Virtual Haircut, with a headsup like that. It was still a good stereo mix, mind you.

Lots of spooky stuff going on. For that slo-mo walking effect, was that all just in post? Or did you play with fps while shooting? Looked good, but not quite fluid.

The bit right before he gets creamed by the truck
... that's really the only jarring inconsistencey in the look of it all. With a locked down tripod, and a clean plate, you should be able to pull off that effect no prob. The illusion is broken immediately, by the wobbly background & rock-steady actor.

Everything else is solid & consistent. Lighting, colour, shot selection, editing. :cool:

So finish up the rest of the episodes. Can't leave me hanging like that, now. :)

@Zensteve -> Thanks for the comments! and yeah the slow motion was done in post and yeah toward the end in one of the sequences it went bad coz I realized that when editing in FCP I left a small gap in my timeline.. thats why it isn't fluid! and the car hitting effect was done by a tut on video-copilot, I agree it should have blended a little better but I was more involved in the plot that on effects to be honest :)

Again thanks for noticing the flaws and next time wil try to minimize them as much as I can :)

Back