• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Traveler- short horror

This was an interesting piece here... I have been working on a feature length documentary for a while in my free time, so the process has been extremely slow going. To avoid going crazy editing the same, monotonous larger piece I reverted to my roots of horror to give myself a little break.

I used only footage from my documentary, so it was slightly challenging trying to make a narrative from footage of interviews, no main characters, etc.

Please let me know what you guys think. I posted it before on another website and wanted to get some more opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvH7zN27Js

The music & text descriptions reminded me of the first Myst game, and similar games of the mid-90's.

Cool idea you tried, changing the doc into something else. It didn't really work for me, though. The pacing is really off, and even though there's a bunch of text trying to tell a story... it's more backstory & ambience than anything. A point'n'click game can get away with it, because of the interactivity - this just waits from time to time and then ponderously shuffles along.

Hope that was useful, at any rate.

posted it before on another website and wanted to get some more opinions.

What was the consensus there?

What was the consensus there?

It was an Urban Exploring website so mostly they really enjoyed it... it was very different than the usual videos they see there.

I was going for a very dark atmosphere with this piece, but had to figure out a way to do so without any talking since I was cutting apart an entirely different movie to make this. I had seen an idea similar to this on Youtube before... I think they called it a "video storybook" or something like it, where they had a single shot or two of trees blowing in the wind in slow motion, with a scary story written over top of it.

Back