• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Mask - trailer

My latest short film trailer...
Please comment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBzXj2v03k

Cello sounds like it was recorded in a vastly different room.

Very cool shot of mask smashing at the end.

The rest of the trailer... it's long, and doesn't give any information.

What's it about? :)

Ok this was not really a trailer... just a few shots put together. Practicing for a real short.
I had to add a ton of reverb to the cello to hide the ugly sound transitions between shots.
Mask on the face was ment to practice geometry tracking and see if small white paper markers worked well for this situation, and they do.
The CG mask shattering at the end was also to practice something I've been thinkng for a "real" short film.

Practice, practice...

its long and it doesnt tell a story or give us any information. i would use the shot of the mask right after the text.. make the cuts shorter and put a story line behind it.. all wee see is a girl playing and it doesnt make it interesting for us to find out what could happen. i love the shot in the end. maybe 15 second trailer with this footage will be ideal. if you can get some voice over it be ideal.. but thats just my thoughts..

its long and it doesnt tell a story or give us any information. i would use the shot of the mask right after the text.. make the cuts shorter and put a story line behind it.. all wee see is a girl playing and it doesnt make it interesting for us to find out what could happen. i love the shot in the end. maybe 15 second trailer with this footage will be ideal. if you can get some voice over it be ideal.. but thats just my thoughts..

Very good advice, I appreciate it.

Do you think the shot where the mask falls and shatters looks like CG or does it look real?

---I had to add a ton of reverb to the cello to hide the ugly sound transitions between shots.

You could get away with just taking one good take of the audio playing and letting that audio play throughout. Just because you cut the video, you don't have to take the audio with it. Especially since you are mainly seeing it from the back, it should be an easy edit to get away with.

-Joe
www.assistedfishing.net

Back