• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Making Of 'a moment before awakening'

Thank you very much for the "Making Of". Gives some hints to the hard work behind the movie.
I couldn`t understand people in the other thread saying that it is just another nature film. This film has something special and I think it is its soft balanced motion. I see the heavy use of camera slides as a deliberate element of the movies language.

You're a genius!!!

Come over to Canada, and help me make my movie...

:)
seriously... come over to Canada. Every other person in Toronto is Polish. You'll love it.

Edit:
By the way, my favorite scene in the original video was at 1:41, when you made the shadows of the petal things. That's when I knew how much thought you put into your film. It's truly amazing to me how much work you did.

Now come to Canada

Last edited:
That's what it takes, I should think. Not only are you creative and imaginative, but you work hard, and you know what you're doing. You're going places with your filmmaking, wouldn't you think?

And this making-of video is itself so nicely done, too.

It's so appreciated and helpful, not to mention cool, when filmmakers share not only their finished films, but also behind the scenes stuff showing what went into them and how they were done. Well, there's virtue in sharing and being open about what we've learned --which might help others.

=)

Hi again ;)

rotwang
...because it really is another nature film :)

trueindie
You're funny... :)
I don't want to leave my place which I love and I need it to create...
This scene (1:41) was very easy to do. Just add through multiplay some particles ;)

baoliun
it took forever !
I don't remember exactly... I think around 2 months everything

ChimpPhobiaFilms
Thank you

richy
Thx
I don't understand what it means "You're going places with your filmmaking, wouldn't you think?" (my bad english)

You're welcome :)

Greetings !

Stunning work mojebory.. What program did you use to track the bark into 3d program? Mocha? AE 2d tracker? Also, were you using any plugin to generate those plants? I wonder if there is a Cinema 4d plugin that allows that. Again, great job! :)

This scene (1:41) was very easy to do. Just add through multiplay some particles ;)

Simple enough. But the point is that I would only have thought of the petal thingys (if at all). I wouldn't have thought of a scene with the shadows of the petal thingys. That's WAY more thinking than I would have done. That's why I like that scene so much. Because I just wouldn't have thought of it. You're a careful and deliberate filmmaker my friend.

Keep them coming!!!

ps. by the way. Richy means... "one day you will be famous..."... so "you're going places"..:)

Last edited:
Wow! This is so far beyond what I will ever be able to do with FX, compositing, layers, and the like. Just not my area of expertise.

Always neat to see how it comes together behind the scenes. Very impressive work. :yes:

Now for your next trick... add a well developed story on top of it all with compelling characters and you'll have hit!

Back