• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Launch - Sci-fi Short Film - Chicago 24 Hour Film Festival 2012 Entry

sure thing.... i'll watch it and give feedback...

ok here's what i noticed

dialogue sound quality. Sometimes you had ambient noise in it, sometimes you didn't. You need to have a room noise track running constantly to mask your different sound cuts.

guy with sword on bike. When we first see him, he holds the sword in his left hand, so he can drive.
But when he attacks, he holds it in his right, where he can't touch the throttle on the bike...

that guy, mike, the tech guy, he could have used alot more emotion in his acting... he felt kind of flat

on the soul travel effect in the face, i think you went too spiky on the effect.. it didn't really sell to me...

could have used some more light in the basement, i could not recognize priya until the camera held on her for 5 minutes... :D but your zoom on her, made me know it was her. But until then, she was just a body lying there, not really a person. Perhaps an intimate moment, where his face was near hers in the basement, where he promised he would get her back, could have done something.

music, great choices, i liked the music alot, it really set the mood of the film.

for a 24 hour film, you did a great job though (i didn't rate your movie based on that, gave you feedback to improve from). You came up with a concept, and you followed through with it. That's great work.

i hope you don't take this as negative, as it isn't. It's just what popped out at me, that i think you could improve alot on your next film.

Great job...

No...your feedback is great...

The Issue with sound we knew that from the start, one of our mic's was off :huh:

yes, there were alot of little things that could have made this short film better, but with the 24 hour timeframe it did make it real tough.

Thanks again for your thoughts

This would make a really awesome web series! I would like to see you give this another go for sure. My suggestion is use this video as your test run, learn from it and the comments you get from viewers. Then sit down and write the backstory (if you haven't already), basicly sit down with your team and write the world (or worlds in this case) that your characters belong in.

Then set about doing maybe 10 videos that tell the story of everything that leads to the showdown between the lead and the man on the bike. You could have so much fun with this, and it would be a great learning experience as well.

Either way, good luck!

Back