• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Kohlman Files

This is not true. You pay the actors their salary + a "deposit" to SAG, about 40% of your cast budget. You'll get it back once you're wrapped and they have proof that everybody's gotten paid.

If an actor doesn't show up, that is between you and the actor, that is none of SAG's business, they are there to protect the actor's interest and make sure you pay them accordingly.

The way the SAG ULB Agreements read, I send SAG their pay, plus the deposits a week early and SAG in turn pays out to the actors. It may be different with big budget productions. All I am looking at are SAG short and ULB Agreements.

So, if I have no shows, I will call SAG and report them and let SAG know why they will receive less money for the following week.

I know an actress who lost her SAG card from getting kicked out of Broadway plays from repeated lateness from partying too much the night before a show.

Last edited:
The way the SAG ULB Agreements read, I send SAG their pay, plus the deposits a week early and SAG in turn pays out to the actors. It may be different with big budget productions. All I am looking at are SAG short and ULB Agreements.

So, if I have no shows, I will call SAG and report them and let SAG know why they will receive less money for the following week.

I know an actress who lost her SAG card from getting kicked out of Broadway plays from repeated lateness from partying too much the night before a show.

The way I have understood it, your payroll company cuts a check to your actors, takes care of the taxes, workman's comp etc. and sends a copy to SAG. I might be wrong though, I'm no expert on SAG.

I have however never heard of an actor being kicked out of SAG for being late.

I haven't re-watched the entire thing yet, but spent a few minutes skimming it, and I gotta say that this final edit is a huge improvement on the first cut I saw (which was already very good). Great job! :)

I haven't re-watched the entire thing yet, but spent a few minutes skimming it, and I gotta say that this final edit is a huge improvement on the first cut I saw (which was already very good). Great job! :)

Meant to add. probably the method I will use from now on. I did the rough cut myself, then I brought in a "real" editor to tighten that up and be the other set of eyes for things that didn't work. We did the opposite on color correction. He color corrected it, I wasn't happy with the result (left it too low contrast), so I came behind him and put a second correction on top of that.

Now on youtube as well.

Kohlman Files

Response has been pretty good so we are starting pre-production on the next three episodes. I'm doing something I have needed to do for a long time and bringing in writers to take some of that load off me. We'll see how that goes. I think I'm a pretty good writer, but I really hate it, sucks all the energy out of me I could devote to other areas.

Very cool. Is there a closed 4-episode arc, or is that just as far as it's been written?

As far as it's been written. This initial story arc is about 8 more episodes (at 10 to 12 minutes each). We could certainly continue it beyond that as well.

Another thing of note. I am trying right to determine if it's just a software glitch, but Daily motion is showing 23K views for the pilot. Either they are false numbers or it must have been featured on the site or something.

Last edited:
Back