The Dark Knight Rises

I'm glad they got Bane as the baddie, instead of Riddler. For me and what I have observed through comics and games/shows, the Riddler is more of a conniving baddie, similar to Joker. Like the "Dark Knight Joker", Riddler would rather attack Batman psychologically and play mind games with him rather than actually have a fist fight with him. With Bane you get both. And at least Bane is an ACTUAL physical threat.

Bane is one of my favorite batman baddies. I can't say much for Mr. Hardy as I'm unfamiliar with him. It doesn't seem like a bad decision. I hear he was very impressive in Bronson.

Interesting. I'm watching Following for the first time, and at approximately the 23:00 mark, there is a Batman logo on somebody's front door. Coincidence?

Dark Knight Rises? Lame.

They might change it if there's enough of an anti-buzz. It might be a working title, like Transformers was called 'The Prime Directive' when it was in development...

they should just go with BATMAN. simple. straightforward.

That works.

Pretty amazing chameleoning from Tom Hardy. I would've never seen the similarity in those photos. I wonder how he bulked up for Bronson.... searching

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/film/bronson-tom-hardy-interview

How long did it take you to bulk up for this role?

Tom Hardy: Five weeks. This was a micro budget movie. Really. and the money took forever to come in. One minute it was going, then it wasn't, then it was again. I actually put the weight on a year before and then the film fell through, so I lost it again for Stuart: A Life Backwards. And then [when Bronson got the go-ahead] I had five weeks to put it on.

Last edited:
I think we can all step back and admire what I think has to be one of the greatest starts to a viral marketing campaign in the history of the world...

Bare in mind that Nolan is only one week into filming on The Dark Knight Rises...

I can't tell the story as well as ComingSoon.net

But damn is that impressive! :D

Nice. Bane can be really complex and interesting. Or he can end up like in the otherwise excellent 90s cartoon series. Great photo though. Can't wait to see it (though not looking forward to what filming will do to Pittsburgh traffic! I'm a cranky old man!)

wont watch anymore batman stuff done the way they have been doing it. no batman begins and I thought the dark knight was ok but overrated and I will not watch this.

what I meant was that since there will be no more heath ledger (because he killed himself with drugs) I might be more willing to watch it.

I'm going to go against the nay-sayers and say Hathaway will do very well as Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

Too many people her stuff like "Ella Enchanted" and think she doesn't have the chops, I say she surprises people! :)

So freaking excited. Mr. Nolan is my favorite director, amazing talent. This guy is just a genius, pair him with Hans Zimmer and you get awesome - like a great nicely aged wine.

I don't mind the title. Even if it is confusing, it's not that misleading, and I'm sure people will be fine with it, and see it anyway. A better title I think would be Batman Rises or The Caped Crusader.

So freaking excited. Mr. Nolan is my favorite director, amazing talent. This guy is just a genius, pair him with Hans Zimmer and you get awesome - like a great nicely aged wine.

Yes Nolan seems to simply let Zimmer loose on his films. The job Zimmer and James Newton Howard did on Dark Night was most adventurous. It took guts to give the nod to their one note theme.

Last edited:
As an aside, I was driving from the grocery store today, in a sort of cranky frame of mind. Reached a stoplight a few blocks from my house, and I watched a van drive through the intersection. On the side was printed "CORRECTIONS Gotham's Boldest". Cheered me up to no end!

Back