The Amazing Spiderman 2

So, we've finally got the trailer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Kq4s0GPfE

Don't know about you, but this looks like a huge mess to me. I didn't really like the first movie, so I wasn't really looking forward to this. And now this trailer has put me right off. I'm sure I'll still go to see this, but I'm not going to go in with high hopes.

Plus, I already feel like I know exactly what's going to happen in this movie. It almost feels like the studio are screaming "Hey everybody; The Amazing Spiderman 3 is going to have The Sinister Six!" It feels a little cheap to me. Or maybe I'm just being a little too sensitive....

What does everyone else think?

Take it for what it is... a superhero movie and not Casablanca.

....meaning that superhero movies can't possibly be well made, well thought-out movies, with all the fighting and all the explosions, while maintaining a little bit of modesty about what they're doing and giving us deep, honest characters, above all else???

I strongly disagree.

Did you see The Avengers? Any of the Iron Man movies? What about the Dark Knight trilogy?

I really like the previous Spider-man and it's on the best superhero movies I've ever seen actually. If only they could have made a Spiderman movie that great in 2002. The 2002 one was okay though. This new sequel could easily be bad as sequels either hold up, or they don't, but it looks decent from the trailer. We shall see,

Last edited:
no... meaning that it's impossible to judge a movie (especially in the Superhero genre) from a trailer.

As a matter of fact, I'm working on a book about Superhero films as that was part of my study as an undergrad.

of course they should be well thought out

Dark Knight was a great film and the best superhero film of all time... DK Rises... we all would be better off without

When I saw the Avengers in the theater, I said it was the best superhero film ever... but after 50 plus viewings, the opening pales in comparison to the Dark Knight.

there is no way to judge a movie by the trailer... espcially in this genre... we get all the cool tricks and explosions because that's what the masses want

on a side note... The first Toby Maguire Spiderman movie is a great movie because of the story much more than the effects.

i think we agree... just in a different way

Yep, even though I say the trailer looks good, I mean it's well done, and cannot judge until I see the movie. My favorite superhero movie is Batman Begins, and I don't know if that will be beaten for me.

Last edited:
If they would only make Spiderman without all the stupid mutated creatures it would be so much better. The scenes in the first film where he fights random petty thieves is significantly more entertaining. I'd much prefer him fighting organised crime with the likes of Bane and the Joker. That's why I generaly hate superhero films. Unfortunately I just love spidermans powers too much not to much it.. :lol:

Did you see The Avengers? Any of the Iron Man movies? What about the Dark Knight trilogy?

You did just sum up (in my books at least) the only good Superhero films.

The Good:

Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Dane Dehaan. Peter Parker knowing he is going to eventually face foes stronger than he is. The stakes being high.

The Bad:

Electro. His look reminds me of Mr Freeze in the atrocious Batman and Robin.

superhero movies can't possibly be well made, well thought-out movies, with all the fighting and all the explosions, while maintaining a little bit of modesty about what they're doing and giving us deep, honest characters, above all else???

The first one did all of this

I always hate movie trailers, but my little nitpick here is this: Electro seems out of place... It spends all this time on Oscorp, and their "secrets," then suddenly, Electro becomes the villain.

Just seems weird to me

It looks good...what system is this game coming out on?

Seriously though, I'm not that into Spidey, so I'm not invested either way. Looks like I might enjoy it, but in a mindless entertainment sort of way. 10 years ago there weren't that many comic book movies, so I went to see Spiderman, and had fun (well, until they half-assed Venom anyway). These days, well, there are a lot more options for comic movies I'm more interested in. Also I expect a tragic lack of Bruce Campbell. So I'll see it eventually on dvd, I imagine...though I still haven't bothered with the last one.

I don't know, Foxx looks pretty cool, maybe.

But damn, I'm thinking they gave DeHaan just an awful, distracting haircut. What were they thinkin? I say, give him a cool, non-distracting haircut...not that.

But like it was said, on the bright side, it has Emma Stone again. She's just darling.

That opening free-fall is fairly cool. But, I have to agree, why does CGI Spidey look more like fakey-CGI than ever? Eh, maybe the finishes product will look better on the big screen, or I'll grow used to it or something.

lets just agree, if its not a superhero movie directed by Nolan, its going to be crap.

(avengers was good but not better than Batman Trilogy)

The last one just felt completely unnecessary, and from the trailer this one looks like it's heading down the batman & robin path.

Back