• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Teaser for my first short "Departure"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFma4aHlIc&

My name is Daniel Fahre and is a 19 year old director/filmmaker from norway.
Departure is an upcoming sci-fi/thriller short movie currently in production. 70% movie is already shot, so we have started the post production.
process as well. This is my second "real" short movie i am directing, and its a really low budget project. The budget is about 3000 USD and is all self financed. The film is shot on Sony XD cam with an adapter. There are a lot of greenscreens etc involved, so this will be a test for my visual effect skills as well. I will post some behind the scenes pics here as well as teasers, trailers, behind the scenes video and the final product when its finished.
We shot half the film on locations (Old wearhouse, hospital and car crash) and the rest we shot on a green screen with a cheap homemade rooftop set.

I the film will be finished in may, and will be posted online.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Departure-2011/170316269682400

Last edited:
Man, that looked awesome!!!
Seriously!

There's just one thing you are missing: Good looking muzzle flares!
Your teaser is awesome, but the whole car crash and other VFX work is being brought down by what would look like a cheap muzzle flash a begginer would make on his first day with AE.

With your budget, you could try firing blanks or at least look freddiew's channel up on youtube and check his muzzle flash tutorial.

I'm only saying this 'cause after all that work, and with that great material, that muzzle flash really stands out.

I agree, I really liked the car crash and the credits at the end. It was very professional! I can't wait to see the film!

Thanks for the response :) The muzzle flash is from the action essentials collection from video copilot. I will try to improve it, some nice input in that youtube tutorial. Will post my second attempt here as well! :)

The car crash was really cheap and was done by a small company here in norway who does car stunts. They got two cars who were going to the dumpster anyways, so then they could just crash them for us before that :) They managed somehow to remotecontroll the wheel of one of the cars, and then they ran it into another car who was standing still... It was good fun to watch on set as well! haha :)

Daniel you are a very talented individual, do you ever pop over to London ' pm me the next time for a beer if so.

All the very best with this project.

Jim

thanks for all the positive feedback! Keeps me going while working with the effects, that can be owherwhelming at some times ;) thanks! Will try to uppload a new demo of the gunshot with improved muzle flash :)

Back