Tarantino very, very depressed :(

I heard him say in another interview (Charlie Rose) that he didn't intend to be an "old man director," as though there's something distasteful about being an old man director. Sounded a bit like ageism to me, so I didn't care much for the sentiment.

He said somewhere that he was multiple times disappointed with genius directors later work and he wanted his filmography to be top notch, so if a youngster in 40 years picks up a random Tarantino film he would be astonished.

I would actually like to see him stop directing, because he would write more. :) His analysis of There will be blood was very eye opening.

I think he's more pissed at the fact that one of the actors he trusted shared it when they were [assumedly] told specifically not to.

He's annoyed at the betrayel.

That's what NDA's are for. If this were really a concern, there'd have been a non-disclosure contract involved. This reeks of a spoiled brat throwing a fit.. because he can.

I'm not a big fan of Tarantino's work, and this title is a turn-off for me, personally.

However... based on what I've read, I applaud his lawsuit against these guys. They want to monetarily gain without permission. Links (or the idea that 'everything on the internet should be free' or that 'he can afford it,' etc.) be damned. Unless you have permission to post, or purposefully enable (somebody typed the links into their website) the download of something, it's purposeful theft of someone's creative work. Of course, they knew their site's "hit meter" would go way up over the lawsuit and media scuttlebutt.

Guess I'm starting to become a hardliner on this issue.

I'm not a big fan of Tarantino's work, and this title is a turn-off for me, personally.

However... based on what I've read, I applaud his lawsuit against these guys. They want to monetarily gain without permission. Links (or the idea that 'everything on the internet should be free' or that 'he can afford it,' etc.) be damned. Unless you have permission to post, or purposefully enable (somebody typed the links into their website) the download of something, it's purposeful theft of someone's creative work. Of course, they knew their site's "hit meter" would go way up over the lawsuit and media scuttlebutt.

Guess I'm starting to become a hardliner on this issue.

I'm with you on this.

I'm personally glad he's taken it to court level. This is a much fairer level of copyright control than what is normally exercised by actual studio heads and fake YouTube copyright hits

I dunno... the man does make solid entertainment. Django was a let down, and admitted he does drive me crazy sometimes watching his interviews, but much like Christopher Nolan, I'm yet to find a film from him that I dislike.

I dunno... the man does make solid entertainment. Django was a let down, and admitted he does drive me crazy sometimes watching his interviews, but much like Christopher Nolan, I'm yet to find a film from him that I dislike.

His very first film? :P

Django was cool. Cut out his acting and trim it a little and it is cool

Okay, I'll say it.

Watching a Tarantino movie without first smoking weed is like watching a 3D movie without the glasses.

I don't know any of you, but I have a feeling you're just doing it wrong. :P

(Hey, we're on the cusp of it being legal, nationwide. Can we finally just admit that it's no worse that drinking a few glasses of wine?)

Okay, I'll say it.

Watching a Tarantino movie without first smoking weed is like watching a 3D movie without the glasses.

I don't know any of you, but I have a feeling you're just doing it wrong. :P

(Hey, we're on the cusp of it being legal, nationwide. Can we finally just admit that it's no worse that drinking a few glasses of wine?)

Maybe this is why I don't care for his stuff, I don't smoke!

This has film festival possibilities in Colorado... The Tarantino Smoke-a-Thon. —okay, that was bad.

Okay, I'll say it.

I don't know any of you, but I have a feeling you're just doing it wrong.

Hear, hear. :D

I'm hoping it goes nationwide in the States too, because then Australia might follow suit. We won't do shit until somebody else does it first. :cool:

In fact almost all films are better after smoking weed, maybe there's a way to boost cinema attendances there??? New theatres where you can buy weed at the candy bar (along with all the munchies you'll need) and then everyone smokes while they're watching. :lol:

Oh, but also drugs are bad, so don't do them. :grumpy:

Hear, hear. :D

I'm hoping it goes nationwide in the States too, because then Australia might follow suit. We won't do shit until somebody else does it first. :cool:

In fact almost all films are better after smoking weed, maybe there's a way to boost cinema attendances there??? New theatres where you can buy weed at the candy bar (along with all the munchies you'll need) and then everyone smokes while they're watching. :lol:

Oh, but also drugs are bad, so don't do them. :grumpy:

Hahhah. Why not? They're putting bars in cinemas now. Only, we don't want anyone smoking in the theaters. They'll have to stick with the brownies in the theaters. =D

md has one of the highest arrest rates for petty possession of pot in the country. in 2007 they enacted law in baltimore where they can stop and search people at will. no probable cause required.

there is a bill right now trying to legalize it in our state for people to grow up to 6 plants but our governor is against it. dude has some ambitions to try to run for president one day so he is unlikely to let it through

Back