• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Talking Dead - Winner!

We'll stay in the judges competition. I just feel really bad about the way it all ended up looking. We want to take this film on to some film festivals and show it in many other venues. We don't want "bad vibes" surrounding it. I feel really bad for all the other entries that have had to watch all this crap go down. I guess since the people's choice has been closed, there's no reason not to see this through. Thanks to indietalk for trying to keep the integrity of this competition.

Great. :) Let's all move on and concentrate on the great films we have in this comp.

That was freaking sweet. Very Tales From the Crypt. I especially liked the photography. You said you shot on the Xl2. Did you use the frame mode? Or was most of that done in post?

we shot 24p 2:3:3:2 and edited on a 24 frame timeline. I like the results. We also used the factory standard lens that came with it. We got really lucky with focus pulls, which is a huge downfall of the lens system. We also wanted to use a smoke machine for the entire shoot except for the hospital stuff to soften the background and any hard lines. We ended up with a hazer instead and I will definitely use it again. It lays out a mist and hangs longer than a smoke machine. I'm glad you liked the film. We're working on making more.

Thanks again for watching

-Keith Golinski
DP/Editor
Talking Dead

ITs all good ..great to see such good quality ..As many of you know im unable to get high speed at wreck-beach ..Im at the Local future shop using their highspeed puters to watch the films...I havea few more to go yey ,,Great job Bird ,,thats a lot of downloading arghh Matey arghh...

What a creepy film!!!

Excellent storyline, picture quality, sound and photography. Well done!
Where did you get the dead body from?

The dead body was played by a talented actress named Nadyne Parr. We've had some people who have said they look really closely at her, trying to see her chest or eyes move, but they don't see it. We're really greatful that she could pull that off. It wasn't easy.

We have entered the film into about 4 festivals so far, all in Michigan. We're compiling a list of festivals we want to enter outside of Michigan right now. Not much of a budget for festival entries and attendance, so we're weighing our options.

Yea man when she looks at the cam at the end... it's unexpected but really cool...

Check out SonnyBoo's list of free festivals. I'd enter all of them and maybe even the TV stations too. I believe it's in the Festivals section.

Our actual "festival cut" has another 40 seconds of movie time and 1:20 of credits. We also have made a special edition DVD that has some cool little extra features. If you want, I can send DVDs to interested people. We'll need to charge you a little to recoup just the cost. I think that would be about $5 a DVD plus shipping. PM me if you're interested. Otherwise, I'll work on getting a fully downloadable, big huge file on the internet somewhere that you could spend about a half hour downloading. For Bird, that would be about 6 and half days.

I can host it for you! I hosted the original TalkingDead since everyone was having problems, so I put it on one of my servers... I have the room, that's not a problem.

Let me know, I can give you your own account (ftp) if you'd like?

The full length version of Talking Dead is now online with a whole 50 seconds of never before seen footage. Good luck picking it out. Also, there's some credits actually at the end of the movie with some of the original music that you wouldn't have heard in the shorter, competition version. You need flash 8 to view it. Here's the link:

www.fulvew.com/talkingdead

You can also link to it through our site at www.fulvew.com on the projects page.

We're working on some nice DVDs, packaging and all, for people who have expressed interest.

Awesome! And yes, I'd like to be one of those interested parties for the purchase of the DVD...

If you still need some webspace let me know.

Last edited:
Back