Tales from the Campfire - (2015) Indie Canadian Film

Hello Fans of Horror and Indie Film Makers,

I want to spread the word and share with you all some news for our upcoming indie film. It was shot and produced independently in Atlantic Canada on a very shoestring budget. Take a moment to have a look at our first Official Trailer for Tales from the Campfire. Let us know what you think. Cheers!

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk48fzmLAZE

Four friends plan a camping trip at a small campground to spend an evening around a fire, telling each other campfire stories that all supposedly happened close to the area that they're staying at. Strangely enough, their campground happens to sit right beside an old creepy cemetery, named "Ha Ha Cemetery."

As the night goes on, the group slowly starts to realize their stories are starting to tie together, and what starts off as a quiet night, soon becomes a night of terror.

What would make a group of campers decide to camp out beside an old cemetery? What secrets does "Ha Ha Cemetery" hold? Prepare yourself for four deadly tales of terror.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NightofTerrorFilms
Twitter - https://twitter.com/TalesCampfire
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8axlsKCBEM5YYXx6MiA1_A
IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3726408/

I like it. The trailer’s a bit long, there’s too much “fluff” in there (for want of a better term). And some of the shots are so dark we can’t really see what’s going on.

But still, this is the kind of film I’d watch.

Best of luck.

Hey bro. Great job! I like your lighting at night. What was your lighting set-up like? What kind of lights were they and how many?

Thanks, I cant wait to see it.

I like it. The trailer’s a bit long, there’s too much “fluff” in there (for want of a better term). And some of the shots are so dark we can’t really see what’s going on.

But still, this is the kind of film I’d watch.

Best of luck.

Thanks for checking out our trailer :) We have a lot of footage and didn't want our trailer spoiling everything in the film, so we included a lot of clips to show various parts of the film. It is dark in some places, but on our budget, we worked with what we had. We're happy with how it looks.

We're glad to hear this is the type of film you'd be interested in watching. Cheers!!

Hey bro. Great job! I like your lighting at night. What was your lighting set-up like? What kind of lights were they and how many?

Thanks, I cant wait to see it.

Thanks for checking our trailer and thanks for the kind words. We're glad you liked it. We shot in pitch dark live environments, so we used a combination of work lights (we had 3) found at a hardware store, and LED lights (we had 2) we got off Amazon. For interior shots, we had studio lights.

Check back with us to keep up-to-date with our project. Cheers!

Thanks for checking out our trailer :) We have a lot of footage and didn't want our trailer spoiling everything in the film, so we included a lot of clips to show various parts of the film. It is dark in some places, but on our budget, we worked with what we had. We're happy with how it looks.

We're glad to hear this is the type of film you'd be interested in watching. Cheers!!

Oh, hey. Don’t take my comment on the darkness of those shots as a knock-back. It’s pretty much the norm for no-budget horror. And, most importantly, fans of these types of film (like myself) are willing to look past this kind of issue.

As far as the length of the trailer goes, I prefer them shorter and snappier. I think you’d have been fine establishing the set-up (the friends around the camp fire, plus establishing their individual stories), then delivering (or, perhaps, just teasing) a few scares. But, again, it’s fine as is. It sells the film for what it is, so that’s cool.

Again, this is the sort of film I’m in to, so keep us up-to-date. I’d love to watch this when it’s available.

Speaking of which, what’s the plan for it now? Festivals? Seeking distribution? Self-distribution?

Oh, hey. Don’t take my comment on the darkness of those shots as a knock-back. It’s pretty much the norm for no-budget horror. And, most importantly, fans of these types of film (like myself) are willing to look past this kind of issue.

As far as the length of the trailer goes, I prefer them shorter and snappier. I think you’d have been fine establishing the set-up (the friends around the camp fire, plus establishing their individual stories), then delivering (or, perhaps, just teasing) a few scares. But, again, it’s fine as is. It sells the film for what it is, so that’s cool.

Again, this is the sort of film I’m in to, so keep us up-to-date. I’d love to watch this when it’s available.

Speaking of which, what’s the plan for it now? Festivals? Seeking distribution? Self-distribution?

Great! We're glad to hear you're interested in viewing the film. We're scheduled to shoot the last part of the film in early October. Afterward, we'll be in the Post Production editing stage. We don't have a current ETA on when the film will be done and released.

Currently we are looking to self-distribute, but we could be open to discussing distributing options if one presented itself. Before distribution, we will screen the film locally at a few different places, also look into different festivals, online distribution, and pending the outcome of all that, if we get funding, a DVD or Blu-ray release.

Cheers!

Back