• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

T3i Image noise on ISO200

wow i have a 600d too, yours footage almost made me feel sick! yeah something is not right, im not even sure if its noise, it looks like it could be something else, the quality is just awful, is it like that as a raw file? or when you are compressing?

It looks fine in the camera like super detailed but when I bring it in on my computer something weird happens. I can zoom in on the camera and don't get any noise but when I get it to the computer it is pretty nasty.

I use the kit (Canon 18mm-55mm 3.5 macro .08ft) lens. I have a mac book pro with retina display and I use Final Cut Pro X.

so guide me through your workflow from the SD card to the footage being put onto fcpx, are you encoding etc etc, what are your export settings?

to be fair that lens doesnt do any justice, infact its crap, also when your filming inside, unless you have really good lighting then again, its gonna look crap..

I figured it wasn't a great lens for video, but I can get some amazing photographs out of it. I usually just take t right off the SD card and move it to the FCPX workflow. I don't change any thing so it is "raw" footage. It is pretty nasty in FCPX even before I export to YouTube.

I figured it wasn't a great lens for video, but I can get some amazing photographs out of it. I usually just take t right off the SD card and move it to the FCPX workflow. I don't change any thing so it is "raw" footage. It is pretty nasty in FCPX even before I export to YouTube.

well first i recommend that you transcode to one of the prores 422 settings.. you can relink afterwards -> google is your friend, so is creative cow, secondly, send to compressor, if you dont have compressor then.. find a means to getting it, or use mpeg stream clip.

your missing a whole workflow, btw your next purchase should be the 50mm 1.8, cant afford it? then get rid of the crap kit lens and get it, youl notice major quality difference in lenses... or if you have some more dosh get the samyang 35mm 1.4 de-clicked or vdslr as they call it, film outside in some nice natural lighting, if its still blotchy after that, then i can no longer help :), i shot a music vid on the 50mm btw which is being edited as we speak, quality is pretty effin good if you ask me.. also google philip bloom watch all his tutorials, youl be a better dslr user for it..

Yeah, that isn't the lens causing that... I'm not seeing much noise, except on some really poorly exposed shots...

But the biggest problem I see is your focus... you seem to not completely focus all the way. Try that little button on the far right that zooms you in x5 and then x10... Use that for focus, then press record to exit out of that screen.

Hello man.

Make sure you are sharpening your footage in post ! I used to use cinestyle with 0% sharp and then I never sharped in post and they looked terrible and I was thinking what the heck is wrong ..

Are you doing that step ?

Back