Surviving Family on Amazon Prime!

From writersandfilmmakers:
can you talk about the process/hurdles to put on amazon?

There are 2 approaches to putting a movie on Amazon streaming:

1. Any filmmaker can use their CreateSpace marketplace to sell streaming versions of their movie (you can use it for dvd sales too but I haven't done that). It supports HD as well as SD, for both sales and rentals.

2. CreateSpace does NOT, however, enable you to get a movie on Amazon Prime. For that, you have to work through either a traditional distributor or a consolidator. I worked with Distribber, and I've said before on this site that I've been very happy with them.

If you want to check out Distribber's fees etc, they're at
www.distribber.com

No, I haven't. Do you have a high point or 2 to share?

If you don't go on itunes first, it's not put in their 'new Release' category and just gets put in the catalogue and can be missed. Then amazon and hulu. Unless you get broadcast.... if you get broadcast, you can still do transactional (as opposed to subscriptions (netflix)). It's a pretty good talk. Skip the first 3 minutes...

You always have to be promoting your movie, wherever it is. Big budget movies have huge ad budgets behind them, but even then you see the lead actors & (often) directors promoting them on TV, radio, etc. That's all work.

For the rest of us on the low end, I am ALWAYS telling people where and how to find my movie, and then encouraging them to review it after they watch it. Because having more (positive) reviews is a great encouragement for people to watch it.

Back