Support film students

Highly recommend you get a tripod if you do not own one already.

Your KickStarter promo was jarring to watch due to handheld-style.

And 2k will not go far based on what your KickStarter says you need help with.

Anyway, best of luck.

Hello Chips :cool:

I'm not sure about your film. Like IndiePaul said, the handheld is jarring and hard to look at. That rolling shutter is UGLY!

The trailer isn't much either. A young guy getting chased by a fisheye lens and cheap stock sound effects :lol:

Anyway, best of luck :(

Hey Chips Gray ... Congrats on the your project ... I went to your website and read how you give student a real opportunity to get into the film industry ... that's pretty cool ... but apparently the website police don't like it too much .... perhaps you might want to dissect each part of the trailer and why is it there ... are the gun shots important, if they are should it dominate the sound track (quite loud), is the music right? are the cuts on the beat or are they random? I've seen that camera technique work before and a lot in horror movies. I think it's a great start and pretty cool to see students pulling off that stuff ...
Stick with it ... we'll see them in the theatres in no time.

Oh yes .. check out this book, it's great at showing camera techniques that actually work ... I learned a lot of stuff from it ...

Master Shots Volume 2: Shooting Great Dialogue Scenes

by Christopher Kenworthy

Sorry wrong title ... this one

Master Shots Vol 1, 1st edition: 100 Advanced Camera Techniques to Get an Expensive Look on Your Low-Budget Movie

by Christopher Kenworthy

Master Shots Vol 1, 1st edition: 100 Advanced Camera Techniques to Get an Expensive Look on Your Low-Budget Movie

by Christopher Kenworthy

Great book! I recommend it as well. I love how it has examples from films to help readers get a better idea ofteh technique.

EDIT: *of the

Last edited:
Back