Supermarket Movie

I've got an idea for a movie set in a supermarket but i'm almost certain i have heard the same idea here in indietalk a while ago. :( Anyone know of such a movie?

Clerks on a bigger scale? Please elaborate!

We have a scene in a supermarket in Macbeth 3000... one of the first we shot... I've never heard about a Supermarket movie, but I've always had the idea of doing a movie about grocery clerks (considering I was one for many years...)

Don't worry about the location, worry about the story. If two movies are set in a supermarket they can have totally different stories. Movies that are considered the same, or rip-offs, may look totally different on the surface.

Sorry, I should have said the movie title was somehow related to supermarkets. I never saw the movie or knew what it was about but if my memory serves me right I could gather from the title it was most likely set in a supermarket. Point taken indietalk. I guess I am more worried about taking the movie name by accident since I have no idea what the movie was about.

Don't worry about the name, you can always change it later.

You're right, I will find out soon enough. I should get the idea down before I worry about stealing a name!

Lux,
i think you might be talking about something I did but didn't put up on IT -
supermarche?

we can talk about the two projects in PMs if you like. they probably are far from similar, except for both being genius. two book publishers have actually shown interest in my story and i think i'd go the book route before returning to the film, which is far from finished.
feel free to PM me and we can see if we have similar plots etc, or perhaps even help each other out.

That's probably the one Zoolio. I am yet to decide exactly what the film will be about but i plan to have a think about it when i have some time over the next few weeks. I'll pm you then to have a talk :) Thanks for the help.

s'ok - thats what this fine place is all about. If you need any ideas, usually going there is a good idea. I spent all day (and night) in a 24hr one to get ideas and a feel for what the jobs entail. They give you wierd looks after the first 20 hours though. Looking back I probably should have spent some time in different isles. But at least everyone now knows of the dangers inherent in magazine packaging.

Back