Super8 - What camera to buy out of these?

Hello i have been looking on ebay and other places for a super8 camera.
I have found the following could you tell me which one is recommended and why.
Majority of these are cheap under 70usd.

Sankyo CM 300 - untested
Bolex 155 Macrozoom
Canon 518SV - Works but hasnt been film tested, lens appears clean with slight fogging in some areas.
Elmo 2400af - with mic and carry bag
Hanimex CPM 219
Chinon 672 - full working order stated
Nalcom FTL1000 - removable lens, (expensive buy it now around $160 usd,but can bid instead)
Yashica Super-40K
Cosina DL-40P
Cinemax C-801
Yashica-Sound-50XL

I have tried to have a look on some , but i think personal experience or from what you have heard from a reliable source, you may know more. cheers.

Here it is:

Super-8 buyer check list:
  • Have you ever used this camera and developed the film?
  • Is the lens free of scratches/marks?
  • Is the filter ring dented or dinged?
  • Does the motor run on all speeds?
  • Does the motorized zoom work on all speeds?
  • Is the battery chamber corrosion free?
  • How does it look cosmetically?

hello.

I have used a few of these cameras, but first off i must say the others replies contain great advice! in buying cameras i have made many mistakes, thankfully cheap ones.

sankyo cm300= great little camera, i have two and swear by them. they have a 150 degree shutter, which might mean they like more light than "XL" cameras, but the images are sharp! but one of these if you can, very good camera.

canon 518SV=reliable camera, good optics, and real handy if you can get the wideangle lens that was optional with the camera. however, i thought the images were a little fuzzy, still good, but fuzzy. this camera has a 185 degree shutter, means it is better in low light than the sankyo, but in my opinion, not as sharp.

the elmo and yashica super are cameras i have used, the elmo was great, but i blew the motor. the yashica i had was noisy, great for reliability, and built like a tank.

cheers.

Back