• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Super 8mm Film look emulated on HD

I just shot a quick something this afternoon and edited it in a couple of hours. The video is just a quick experiment to see if i could manage to emulate the look of a Super-8mm short film using my Canon HV-40 and doing a couple things in post. Please take a look and tell me what you think! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqAjhMqUhI0

Thanks guys! Hope you like it!

-Ali

Nice work...it's very rough, old-looking super-8...but it looks pretty good. A lot of super-8 transfers--especially when done recently--looks much better than you think. Also, I wouldn't have added the sound of the projector...that's not necessary, as we get it's old film. It's a fun experiment...is there a practical application you're thinking for this?

The feature we recently wrapped and are premiering in a week is an HD 720p production set in 1979 with an old film look...not nearly as hardcore filtered as yours, but enough.

Last edited:
lovely effect, how'd you go about it? ive been thinking of attempting something of that sort in the project im currently working on.

Back