Sundance? REALLY?

I need somebody to explain me... please...

How did this crap get into sundance film festival???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVTw2w6MiFw

really????:no::no::no::no:

Haha, I too was actually laughing a little bit UNTIL the punchline. Then I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm not sure if I'm laughing at the film itself or the "really?" factor.

Not every film is narrative. This is more experimental but also shows Sundance has been paying attention to the viral scene. This "WTF?" film has people talking (and promoting Sundance).

Not every film is narrative. This is more experimental but also shows Sundance has been paying attention to the viral scene. This "WTF?" film has people talking (and promoting Sundance).

I love a good art film, even a silent film, even plotless films like Baraka, but this, this is just garbage.

This looks like it was clipped out of a spike tv show that runs at 2am.

On a positive note, it looks like I can spend 2 hours this week and get into sundance.:lol:

It's obvious that the creators of the film are inspired by Apichatpong Weerasethakul style.
Anyway, I'm glad I've seen this short, bad or good, It's a controversial piece worth seeing.

Since it's has now been verified that this was a successful Sundance submission, I think we can now close a debate that's been ongoing in indietalk. For all I know, this could've been shot with the lousiest of cameras.

STORY COMES FIRST!

In a perfect world, sure. If that were the case, though then we wouldn't have any movies, because ninety percent of filmmaker are HORRIBLE story tellers, even if they think they're great.

Connections and knowing people comes first.
It has NOTHING TO DO WITH STORY.

You can get into ANY festival if you know the right people.

This post is a lot funnier than the film itself, I think, sorry, know, that most people on this board are already better than this guy.

As far as getting into sundance, this seems like evidence that it's meaningless.

Sundance? Meaingless? Really????

I love a good art film, even a silent film, even plotless films like Baraka, but this, this is just garbage.

This looks like it was clipped out of a spike tv show that runs at 2am.

On a positive note, it looks like I can spend 2 hours this week and get into sundance.:lol:

Are you sure your stuff isn't garbage to someone else? I know it's normal for filmmakers to posture that their material is better than another persons... a lot of the times, that isn't the case.

A little humble pie goes a long way.

It's obvious that the creators of the film are inspired by Apichatpong Weerasethakul style.
Anyway, I'm glad I've seen this short, bad or good, It's a controversial piece worth seeing.

A+ for great attitude.

Need more of this.

I've been to Sundance only nce - not showing, but watching. I spent a week seeing everything I could get into. And I have to admit I left dumbfounded. Some movies I loved. It was the year Napoleon Dynamite and SuperSizeMe. Saw the Butterfly Effect premiere, The Woodsman, Garden State, Primer and Eulogy. Enjoyed all of those (except for maybe the Woodsman), but between those I saw a lot of crap and mind numbingly boring, moody go nowhere stuff. But to be honest, that's festivals.

We all have the stuff that appeals to us. Our fine tuned cultured niche that we love and that inspires us to make our own. I am sure there are people who think that video is probably the greatest thing they ever saw. Hell, I know my wife doesn't get half the movies I drool over. The fact that it made it into Sundance actually makes me feel better. That amid all of their giant budget celebrity studded mainstream "indies," and pretentious self indulgent docu-bio pics, that stuff like that still gets through. That piece made someone there smile enough to push to get it in the schedule.

That's actually pretty cool.

I've been to Sundance only nce - not showing, but watching. I spent a week seeing everything I could get into. And I have to admit I left dumbfounded. Some movies I loved. It was the year Napoleon Dynamite and SuperSizeMe. Saw the Butterfly Effect premiere, The Woodsman, Garden State, Primer and Eulogy. Enjoyed all of those (except for maybe the Woodsman), but between those I saw a lot of crap and mind numbingly boring, moody go nowhere stuff. But to be honest, that's festivals.

We all have the stuff that appeals to us. Our fine tuned cultured niche that we love and that inspires us to make our own. I am sure there are people who think that video is probably the greatest thing they ever saw. Hell, I know my wife doesn't get half the movies I drool over. The fact that it made it into Sundance actually makes me feel better. That amid all of their giant budget celebrity studded mainstream "indies," and pretentious self indulgent docu-bio pics, that stuff like that still gets through. That piece made someone there smile enough to push to get it in the schedule.

That's actually pretty cool.

I was at Sundance that year, working for Troma.

Really? That's awesome. I swung by Tromadance that year and bent Lloyd's ear as long as he would let me. I have a picture of he and I in that downstairs bar somewhere.

I used to put on a music festival called Tromapalooza here in Nashville to raise money for the film festival. I was there as a "sponsor". I used to talk to Lloyd on the phone all the time, but not so much the past year. He's been really busy.

Back