Summer Glau is in Knights of Badassdom

The problem with this movie, as far as distribution goes, is it's a very limited appeal sort of thing. Not just gaming, but LARPing! If it was done with an eye towards internet/self-distro (see The Gamers movies, and the JourneyQuest webseries made by the same folks), it probably would have been fine. But there's a tangled mess (the director may or may not have pulled his name off of it, due to studio recuts, etc) and around 99% of the population will have 0 interest in it.

That said, to the ~1% that it DOES appeal to...well, I'm still excited to see it :D

Would you stop picking on Josh's girlfriend?

Looks fun to me. I wanna see it. Don't think I'd shell out 27 bucks for the Blu-ray. But maybe a discount-type price like say...10 or 7 bucks, yes, I think so...maybe....sometime.

I'm far from L.A., but I can hardly wait to see it. One of the most anticipated films of the year for me, thanks to this thread.

Through Tugg you can book your own screening: http://www.tugg.com/titles/knights-of-badassdom

I haven't set one up because I suck at promotion, though this one seems like a no-brainer. Print up some flyers, hang them in your local gaming shops, since that's the audience for this film in the first place. Oh, just noticed someone set one up for 2/13. I will be attending, provided they meet the minimum! (looks like not only are the shows selling, but a couple sold out, so good on them)

Excited to finally see this! And the poster on tugg is AWESOME!

Related note: playing D&D for the first time in AGES. A friend is running a 1e AD&D campaign (WotC re-released the 1e rules not too long ago...next edition is due out this year). Had our first session last Saturday and I didn't die! Man, it's good to be playing again!

Last edited:
Looks like it's out on DVD and blu-ray on 4/1! Just pre-ordered my copy!

I also enjoyed Unicorn City and All's Faire in Love. Though the latter was pretty much a standard rom-com and the former hinged on a really silly premise (I'm going to get a job with a gaming company by inventing a LARP! You know, that thing that people have been doing for decades! That'll impress them!)

I'd also add to the list the Gamers movies (the third was my least favorite, but a bit of LARPing there, and filmed at a con, for all the good and bad that implies) and for a slightly more serious take, The Wild Hunt (really loved that one).

Back