Stead-DSLR

Yeah it looks pretty good in the videos on the site, I'd want the shoulder mount part beefed up a bit but looks like it does the job (perhaps a spring just below the gimbal to further reduce the up & down shake).

$347 for found parts! Nothing on there is custom made. I still need to figure out what that main handle comes from.. not the gimbal grip, but the other handle... that shoulder pad is a KUNN or similar violin shoulder rest. the counter weights are washers.. the gimbal head is from a mini tripod, ...

$347 for found parts! Nothing on there is custom made. I still need to figure out what that main handle comes from.. not the gimbal grip, but the other handle... that shoulder pad is a KUNN or similar violin shoulder rest. the counter weights are washers.. the gimbal head is from a mini tripod, ...

Looking at it, that's kinda what I was thinking. I would be willing to bet I could make one. But I would like to find one of the "knuckle" joints like they use on the merlin. Seems like any kind of dirt/crud that got in that gimble and youre screwed.

I own a SteadDSLR for my Canon 5. I think some of the parts are found but it seems the cheese plate and weight arm part is custom made. Either way it was still a good deal and it works awesome.

Last edited:
I own a SteadDSLR for my Canon 5. I know some of the parts are found but the cheese plate and weight arm part is custom made. Either way it was still a good deal and it works awesome.

Not saying this post isn't legit, but we gotta get to know you better before we take you at your word. 1 post? Smells fishy.

Back