• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch STASH with National Distribution Deal

Hey guys this is my first feature as a Director and we got a deal a few months ago. Details below.
12/01/08

BLOOD, CRIME, WEED AND MOONSHINE

STASH

Own The Brutal, Unflinching and UNRATED Special Edition DVD
Loaded With Extras March 10, 2009
Only From Camp Motion Picture's Bloody Earth Films

New York, NY November 25, 2008 – Set in the rural hills of Eastern Kentucky, STASH is a bloody and disturbing tale of a robbery gone horribly wrong. When two would-be crooks attempt to rip off the local pot dealer, they're forced to participate in games of domination and torture portrayed so authentically they will leave you squirming in your seat. Praised by cult filmmaker Tim Ritter (KILLING SPREE) as "an unrelenting, nerve-wracking, and outstanding slice of madness", STASH features genre staple Debbie Rochon as Miss Brooks and introduces Kevin Taylor as "good ole' boy" pot-dealer, Bud. Loaded with extras, STASH has an SRP of $19.98 and is available March 10, 2009 from Camp Motion Picture's Bloody Earth Films.

SYNOPSIS

Bud has a secret…

Blood, crime, weed and moonshine prove a lethal combination in this wicked back-roads nightmare called STASH.

Ole' Bud's a heavy-set bearded marijuana grower from the hills of Eastern Kentucky. While Bud has a growing operation, this is not his only secret… down in his damp; dark, blood-soaked basement is a darker and more sinister one…

When two local would-be crooks hear that Bud's leaving town for a few days, they hatch a plan to relieve him of 20 pounds of homegrown. But before they make out with the stash, Bud catches them red-handed and forces them into a bloody game or life or death. A game where drugs, kidnapping, torture and rape are only the beginning.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• STASH Feature Film
• Commentary with Director Jacob Ennis
• Commentary with Executive Producer Billy Blackwell and Executive Producer
Denise Blackwell
• Bloody Earth Films Trailer Vault
• Creating Bud Jr.
• Outtakes / Bloopers
• Pownd: Still I Bleed Video
• Debbie Rochon Interview
• The Making of STASH

CAST AND CREW INFORMATION

Director – Jacob Ennis
Producer – Billy Blackwell / Denise Blackwell
Writer – Jacob Ennis
Cinematography – Jacob Ennis
Editing – Jacob Ennis
Original Music – Toshiyuki Hiraoka, Mark Schoenrock
Cast - Kevin Taylor, Karen Boles, Billy W. Blackwell, Chris Begley, Debbie Rochon, Stacey T. Gillespie & Nathan Day

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

DVD
STREET DATE: March 10, 2009
CATALOG NUMBER: bef-dv-39
UPC: 878746003995
RATING: NOT RATED
RUN TIME: 78 min
AUDIO: 2.0 Stereo

For additional information on STASH, Camp Motion Pictures or labels Bloody Earth Films and Secret Key Motion Pictures contact Paige Kay Davis VP Sales and Marketing Camp Motion Pictures at CampPDavis@aol.com

Camp Motion Pictures products are distributed by KOCH Entertainment located on the web at www.KOCHent.com

FANGORIA
http://www.fangoria.com/home/news/16-dvd-a-blu-ray/673-big-stash-of-extras-on-upcoming-dvd.html
TRAILER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ5PtqLnWbQ

Gotta web site?

Can you tell us more about the production and how you managed to obtain distribution?

Are you going to make a profit?

Good luck with it!

filmy

Gotta web site?

Can you tell us more about the production and how you managed to obtain distribution?

Are you going to make a profit?

Good luck with it!

filmy
The production crew was very small. I was the Director/Editor/Producer/DP/Gaffer I wore many hats. I did have an awesome team of producers which always ensured that everything was organized and scheduled nicely. IT took us about three years to shoot. We could only shoot every other weekend. We had some illness with the cast and some other things we had no control over that delayed the film in principal photography. I edited along the way.

I have a good friend in the Biz who has been making movies professionally since the 80's. He was one of the first to shoot straight to video Horror films and had tremendous success in the hayday of the low budget horror film. He now lives in KY so we have been able to keep in touch more. He has many titles on DVD and knows tons of people in the Distb. market. With his help I got my screeners in the hands of the right people, without having to submit something unsolicited: which will never work. Luckily they all liked the film and wanted to pick it up.

Profitability is a good question. We all hope that our films will turn a profit. It has yet to come out, so we will have to wait and see on this one. The market is so saturated right now, it's a miracle to even get a deal at all these days. If you expect to get your movie on a larger label, say Lionsgate, you better be prepared to spend lots of money right off. First you will need an Attorney. You will also need Errors and Omissions Insurance, which will run you about $7,000. Ouch...there is at least $12,000 you better tack on to your budget. You might get an advance, you might not. You will have to pay it back out of your sales, and not to mention pay back what they spend to promote your film. That Fangoria ad looks Big Time for your film! Yeah it looks kick ass, but there is another $10,000 you will be paying back. What I am saying it is a HUGE gamble. It sure beats having your movie on the shelf at your house.
sellseetnew.jpg

Last edited:
Hey TP, thanks so much for the info... I know all of us here are more than interested in the HOW-TOs of obtaining a distributor.

Much appreciated.

Do you mind us asking you what your budget was? What kind of equipment you used -- whether you owned or rented?

Thanks again,

filmy

i will also like to know the details of that guy who helped you out..it will help us to make connections with other people....[Only if you like to tell] :D

Hey TP, thanks so much for the info... I know all of us here are more than interested in the HOW-TOs of obtaining a distributor.

Much appreciated.

Do you mind us asking you what your budget was? What kind of equipment you used -- whether you owned or rented?

Thanks again,

filmy
I don't mind telling you my budget at all. It was $5,000. Most of that was for transportation costs over the years. We also had to pay Debbie Rochon's fee, transportation, and hotel stay. I think having that genre name in our film really helped out! I rented a house in Richmond, KY for a year, just because the basement was so awesome. I got a place to live and a place to shoot at the same time. My Ex Father in law let me use his hunting cabin in Franklin Co. to shoot all of Buds, EXT cabin scenes and a few scenes inside the cabin, equipped with mounted deer and all. It was perfect, and no cost!

On the Distribution front like I said we just were lucky enough to get our film into the owner of the companies hand or the head person of acquisitions. This is crucial. I was told that Shock O Rama's (POP Cinemas) label receives over 12,000 titles a year to look at, and this is a smaller company! Imagine what the big guys must sift through! I would recommend getting your film into a few film festivals. You don't have to send it in to everyone of them or anything, because that can get VERY expensive. Send it into some you think you can attend. First of all it is a BLAST to hang with other like minded people. Second you get to see how your film plays with a "real" audience. You will also usually run into Distributors at these shows. If they have heard of your film at the show, they mask ask for a screener. I had a guy from Synapse Films acquire about our film, but we had just sold it. Take those mental notes and make changes to make your film better. We had a STASH screening at our local theater and handed out questionnaires to everyone who attended to fill out so we could get some honest feedback, it really helped out!

We shot the film on the Panasonic DVX-100A. Shot in 24PA mode and I edited the film on a PowerBook G4 running FCP 4.5. I got a well known composer from Japan to do a lot of the score! His name is Toshi Hiraoki, and I had heard his music in a film so I emailed him. The next thing I knew I was receiving new tracks from Japan for my little film! You will be surprised at what you can get by just asking!

You didnt tell us the name of that guy who helped you getting the distribution, the old buddy of this trade??

is it a secret???

Regards

Tp... Good stuff! Much appreciated.

How did you handle talent and crew? Did you pay them? Give them points? Did they do it for credit and copy?

Does your distribution deal allow you to sell copies on your own?

filmy

Tp... Good stuff! Much appreciated.

How did you handle talent and crew? Did you pay them? Give them points? Did they do it for credit and copy?

Does your distribution deal allow you to sell copies on your own?

filmy

The crew was mainly myself and the producers. The talent is paid in points and receive credit and a copy of the film. We are allowed to sell copies as long as we sale them at Retail.

Back