Starwars that I used to know

I think David Twohy's could have been cool, if only it had caught on.

You mean this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1411250/ :D
VERY excited, and glad it's finally happening. Apparently the video games are canon too, but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

Or, there's not really any reason why the Serenity Universe couldn't be expanded into something cool.

Absolutely, 100% definitely yes. There have been some excellent comics (A Shepherd's Tale, finally telling Book's back story, and Float Out are both really great), but that's about it. And, hey, they're having a full cast reunion at Comic Con this year! Post-Avengers, Joss can pretty much do what he wants (he's been saying Dr. Horrible 2 and a webseries with Warren Ellis are next), and I would LOVE to see another movie, or a mini-series, the way Netflix is resurrecting Arrested Development (also: awesome).

Cool things could be done cinema wise with the Farscape World.

Again, they've been developing it in comics these days, and they're pretty good. It would be neat to see more movies/tv with Farscape, but it was weird and not cheap. It's awesome that it managed to run as long as it did...AND getting a chance to wrap things up with the mini-series. I'm not sure if it would really translate well into a film though...there's just so much going on at any given moment, unless you were planning for a trilogy, you'd have to rush through a lot.

All that said, it's a great time to be a geek! :D

Back