Standards for Nudity Pricing?

I know my name will give some of you a crude vibe but believe me when I tell you I am simply curious on the subject.

This is not something I'm looking at in the near future.

I know of a few people who have had artistic nudity done in their films for next to nothing in cost, but this astounds me. What if you are up front with the actors and asking them to do nudity for entertainment purposes?

The numbers I've seen are $200/hr. However this leaves a lot of questions. In most cases you need a good hour for preparation, so are you paying the actress $200/hr for being in make-up and wardrobe????

It seems to me a contract would be more appropriate with some stipulations such as a 4 hour timeslot or so, which can end early but not late, etc.

At the end of the day for a low budget production, I would think a fair price for nudity would be $500 but perhaps I'm way off.

I know my name will give some of you a crude vibe but believe me when I tell you I am simply curious on the subject.

This is not something I'm looking at in the near future.

I know of a few people who have had artistic nudity done in their films for next to nothing in cost, but this astounds me. What if you are up front with the actors and asking them to do nudity for entertainment purposes?

The numbers I've seen are $200/hr. However this leaves a lot of questions. In most cases you need a good hour for preparation, so are you paying the actress $200/hr for being in make-up and wardrobe????

It seems to me a contract would be more appropriate with some stipulations such as a 4 hour timeslot or so, which can end early but not late, etc.

At the end of the day for a low budget production, I would think a fair price for nudity would be $500 but perhaps I'm way off.

The rate you pay is the minimum that you can away with, with the budget you have.

I don't know why you're trying to hobble yourself with all this timeslot and hourly business.

You seemed quite offended with replies back in your earlier similar thread. Seeing as how a $100/12 rate was outrageously low, how would you feel about added nudity for not a penny more? What's your opinion on your friends who have incorporated nudity for nothing? Are they doing anything wrong, by being able to get the project done for little/no money?

The numbers I've seen are $200/hr.

Cool. What's your source? :hmm:

My source? Casting calls that require nudity and what they offer.

It's 200-300/hr usually though I've seen as low as $150.

I guess I should clarify "next to nothing".

He paid them $120 for what he says was roughly 4 hours on set. I agree it was artistically done but still. I suppose it depends on who you use.

Models posted online would probably expect much more.

It all depends upon the level of emotional investment that the actor/actress feels for the project. If your script is kick ass and the players really want to do it, they may perform nude for free. If they think that the nudity is gratuitous and are not in love with the project, you will have to pay whatever he/she thinks their dignity is worth.

What if the nudity makes sense, but it is not a requirement in the plot?

I think $500 a day should land you most model types who are willing to do nudity to begin with.

Why are you fighting so hard to pay so much?

We're soon shooting some nudity that's not only not a plot requirement, but doesn't even make sense at all. It's exclusively a selling point for the finished film. Actors' compensation is a fraction of the numbers you're throwing about willy-nilly, and there's no shortage of talent. Some people just really really really want to be in films... artistic merit, or not.

Understandable Zensteve.

However I'm speaking about gorgeous models. Not your girl next door. Maybe you can luck out, but I sincerely believe for quality and less time wasted, paying fair price is a good option.

$500 a day is what I'd pay out of my own pocket if I wanted a main nudity scene in a film.

I've gotten two opinions.

And they're not very detailed, just the typical " depends on the actor ".

Well I'm being specific, I'm speaking about cover models, not theater students.

Yes if you are looking for a model an actual paid magazine model you will be paying hundreds of dollars.

If you are looking for a model who has done next to no work and is trying to make a name for her self, then you pay nothing or at the very most, next to nothing

I am assuming there is little to no acting involved as you mentioned cover models

*edit*
Even better, I live in Cornwall a remote part of England and I can find a beautiful magazine model to stand around naked for £150 for 4 hours
which works out at $235.50

shop around, see what you can get!

Last edited:
Can you finance my next film? If you are willing to spend that much for an actress/actor (and I'm assuming they're not top of the line agency represented ) then you have cash to spare? lol..

Video Vixens (Models who appear in music videos) Usually gets 100 a day. The film that I am working on have the actors on 60 a day rate..and there is a nude scene.

Everytime I did a casting call, there are so many beautiful women that showed up! Obvious everyone taste is different, but honestly if they are not "union" their eagerness to be seen on Screen usually outweighs any argument they may have on any payment .

I've gotten two opinions.

And they're not very detailed, just the typical " depends on the actor ".

That's because that's the correct answer. I know that for a local adult studio rates for the female performers can run about $1-3,000 for a scene, which is probably a half-day shoot. So for someone just doing nudity I would expect it to be below $1,000 - but how much below is going to be entirely dependent on the performer. There are some actors who won't do nudity for any price, and others who don't care and would do it for whatever the rate is. And what might be typical for one region may be completely different for another.

If what you're looking for is a rate sheet, call some local modeling or casting agencies and let them know what you need. Or if you have specific models in mind contact their agency or management. You're not going to get anything more specific than that around here.

Thanks IDOM, I was thinking the same. I've done calls, agencies charge up the butt so I'd prefer working one on one.

Yes Poetry, I have also gotten good numbers in casting calls. However I can tell you that after shortlisting for meetings I usually only meet a handful of women I am satisfied with.

Photos are deceiving, and many applicants don't even have those.

Back