• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Sony Vegas 9

I'm not a Mac person but would really like to get some new editing software for my PC. I've been doing some research and really like Sony Vegas Pro 9. I just wanted to get everyone's take on it. Would you recommend it? And is there any way I can get it cheap?

Thanks!
-DW

i love sony vegas: its simpler than other things like FCP and AAE but does what it says on the tin and has an easy interface, comes with chroma key and all the effects any indie guy would need. its great, however it is rather expensive.

:beer:

I bought Sony Vegas at one of those Sams Club/Bjs places for about a hundred bucks. At first I was sorry I got it because it was so way over my head...but as I am fooling around with it I am quite liking it. I am slowly starting to figure it out and it does allow for a lot of creativity...

Having wrote that...I have nothing to compare it to because its the only thing I have ever edited anything on. So I couldn't compare it to anything else BUT I am glad I purchased it.

I use Vegas 9. I fell in love with it after using the lower cost Vegas Movie Studio for a few projects. Try a more affordable studio version to see if you like it first, as Vegas' interface could come across as counter intuitive to some users (its roots come from a sound editor). But once you get it, it is very powerful and really easy to use. I love it.

Yeah I tried a lot of different editors out and Sony Vegas made the most sense to me. I guess because it is very similar to digital audio workstations software like protools, cakewalk sonar, and sony acid pro. If you are familar with them it is so easy to figure this program out. It is the easiest program I tried for learning how to edit. But I guess if you never used a DAW it could be difficult. I learned a lot just looking at YouTube Video tutorials and using the help menu. If you have Adobe it is very similar to that but a bit more user friendly I.M.O.

Back