Smiles?

while driving along a road with a high overlook of an industrial area, my 4 year old daughter asked from the back seat.. "whats that Daddy?" I guess and said "factories honey" seeing the smokes stakes and billowing plumes off steam... my 4 year old leans to her older sister.. "look Sissy, Cloud Factories!"

while driving along a road with a high overlook of an industrial area, my 4 year old daughter asked from the back seat.. "whats that Daddy?" I guess and said "factories honey" seeing the smokes stakes and billowing plumes off steam... my 4 year old leans to her older sister.. "look Sissy, Cloud Factories!"

Where does it go? The wonderful ignorance of youth.

Pretty clouds fill rooms,
while mom begs to be let out.
Who fills rooms with smoke??

Haiku by: Murdock

Last edited:
The ignorance of youth. But cute.

Pretty clouds fill rooms,
while mom begs to be let out.
Who fills rooms with smoke??

Haiku by: Murdock

That was kinda macabre. Im sorry. Here's a happy one...

Clear and crisp they sing
cool mixes with the humid
Eden is after the rain.

Do people actually eat snow?

Oh, I forgot you are cryonically challenged down there (and by there I mean 'under').

Yes, most people who grew up in areas with real winters have eaten snow. It's just something you do as a kid. And maybe as a drunken adult :rolleyes: It is actually quite refreshing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu6OG7ML4N0

Aww, that's so cute >.<

I like your haikus Murdock :)

It snows in Australia! It just doesn't snow where I live. You're all just jealous cause you don't have, umm, blow flies? No, that's not good. Umm, bridges! Wait, you have those too. Shit. Oh! I know, a history of white Europeans coming in and slaughtering the native peoples, raping their women and treating them like savages while committing acts that wouldn't get past the UN wars crimes judiciary if it had existed back then, and generally condeming the people who were here first to generations of poverty, poor health, stigma, prejudice and hatred, oh wait. Never mind. Who doesn't have that?
Oh! Aha! BEER! We have the best beer in the - oh yeah, Germany. Dammit.

How to catch a Polar Bear: 1. Cut a hole in the ice 2. Place peas around the hole 3. When the bear comes to take a pea, kick him in the icehole. :) RIMSHOT!!

Aww, that's so cute >.<

I like your haikus Murdock :)

It snows in Australia! It just doesn't snow where I live. You're all just jealous cause you don't have, umm, blow flies? No, that's not good. Umm, bridges! Wait, you have those too. Shit. Oh! I know, a history of white Europeans coming in and slaughtering the native peoples, raping their women and treating them like savages while committing acts that wouldn't get past the UN wars crimes judiciary if it had existed back then, and generally condeming the people who were here first to generations of poverty, poor health, stigma, prejudice and hatred, oh wait. Never mind. Who doesn't have that?
Oh! Aha! BEER! We have the best beer in the - oh yeah, Germany. Dammit.

We don't have dingos that wanna eat your baby. That's something, eh?

And yes, snow is a wonderful thing to eat. You don't wanna dig into any old snow -- it's gotta be fresh, and undisturbed. Even an adult can enjoy that simple joy.

You would think me of all people would get the penguin joke,

But I honestly don't. "What makes you think I'm not"? I dont get it - maybe my IQ has dwindled.

Anyway - hope you feel better, Cliche. Hope I had something better to say. I'm not funny when I'm put on the spot, you know.

But I honestly don't. "What makes you think I'm not"? I dont get it - maybe my IQ has dwindled.

Anyway - hope you feel better, Cliche. Hope I had something better to say. I'm not funny when I'm put on the spot, you know.

Penguins look like they are wearing tuxes. How do you tell if they are not actually wearing tuxes. And y would a penguin wear a tux anyway since it wouldnt make it look any different.

This discussion of the penguin joke reminds me of a joke I used to butcher the hell out of.

When I was in a wedding band, one of the early guitar players (we went through a few) had a favorite joke:

A pair of goldfish are sitting in a tank. One of them looks at the other and asks, "hey, you know how to drive this thing?"

He thought it was the best joke ever, and wouldn't stop telling it. Me, in my typically sarcastic fashion, would occasionally tell the joke onstage, except I would change the wording so that it made absolutely no sense. The drummer would do one of the bah-dom-ching punchline hits, and everyone in the audience would have a blank, confused glaze over their eyes, while me and the drummer laughed inside.

Thanks Roc, I am feeling better. One major problem has finally been resolved, so I'm feeling quite positive. For the moment at least :P

Oh Cf, you are a character. The penguin joke is still just making me think of that episode of Futurama. I just got up & went to by dvds to see what it's called- The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz.
I know what I'm talking about. Futurama is awesome :D

It's not a joke you can explain. I don't even know why it's funny. But to paraphrase Garrison Keillor (who I stole the joke from), I suppose it's funny because people laugh.

Yeah, but you only say that cuz you're not really familiar with snow. In an urban environment, it gets gross, really quickly. That's why you gotta eat it fresh, while it's all powdery and pure.

I was on a trip to the mountains at an Oregon Summer School with a bunch of foreign exchange students from Japan.

They had never seen snow before.

When they saw snow, they were so excited and tried to bring it home with them in containers and empty water bottles.

I didn't have the heart to tell them it is frozen water and would melt...

Back