Slider

Not perfect, but if you are steady and slow you get about a 5 second usable shot.
(Maybe more if the two little tabs inside are flattened.)

Was 10 bucks for a pack of two drawer slides -I added a base with feet, a camera mount bolt and a handle.

For what it costs and as easy as it was to make I like it and will put it to use where I can.

Slider1.jpg

Slider2.jpg

slider3.jpg

slider4.jpg

slider5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mzsYzKMGQ

-Thanks-

Last edited:
I wonder if you could use a curtain assembly to get a longer slide??? You know the kind that have the long vertical slats like you would use for a sliding glass door?? You might be able to use the "open/close" mechanism....and for christ sake Buddy, put some dishes in the drying rack, its just weird if theyre not there. :)

Last edited:
Murdock,

You probally could use various kinds of sliding mechanisims, like for pocket doors or... I don't know what else. The only way to find out is to do it.

(I didn't know what you were taking about at 1st lol, that kitchen area is never used.

Steve,

It makes no noise, or none I can hear yet (Rolls on 40 bearings, but it's a fair question if used with an in camera mic (Which I really wouldn't do), but in time I imagine the grease could get cold or dry up or (Collet dust) and get noisey or something.

-Thanks-

It’s no where near as good as a linear bearing slider, and I wouldn’t suggest using an on camera mic with one, but otherwise it’s pretty quiet. It’s a fairly precision bearing movement with no real weight on it, so there isn’t much to make noise.

-Thanks-

Last activity still shows 10th of November.

I don't know Buddy personally (or well online), but if someone does, any news on him?

I checked the the first three pages on his post history and it seems he made a post almost everyday...

I don't know him personally, but do have his personal email. I sent an inquiry to see if he's ok.

That was a week ago and no answer. We had been emailing back and forth concerning a script, so he always answered promptly.

:(

As i said, i do not know him well in any aspect but i do feel that we have a tight regular community here on IT (which has existed long before i got here) and one of our regulars has gone missing.

We haven't seen him post here in almost a month and Adeimantus says he usually replies promptly to emails which he hasn't.

I hope everything is fine and we are just over reacting but in case we are not and something has gone wrong; Dready, since you have his home address, could you direct a general letter there and see if he or a family member responds about his status?

Let's take it from there till Buddy himself or someone else posts news about him here.

This is the first plan that came to my head. What do you guys think?

I think that sounds reasonable, Mr. Worthing.

The most likely explanation is a computer problem or internet outage.

Could you send a letter on behalf of the IndieTalk community and let him know we miss him and hope that all is well with him, Dready?

-Charles

Ok, so I just mailed the letter. Given how close he lives to me and how awesome the United States Postal Service is, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to his house tomorrow.

Hopefully he'll get back to us soon :)

Back