• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Six Bravo, Nine Nine - Episode One

@Wheat: That was cool, wheat! i knew it was going to be fun when u posted the first min a while back and it lived up to expectations! Youve done an amazing job considering you were by urself and the equipment u had! Thats wat i like to see from ppl instead of them moaning abt not being able to do things bc they dont have an Epic.

i do have to say, im with Opus on the fade to black part. the tension is nearing its peak and i wouldve preferred not having a break to calm down.

@ROC: mehhh.... it was ok. Kidding, kidding! Superb job! At no point was i distracted by or the lack of sound. It enhanced the imagery and played it rightful part (along with wheats editing and directing) in the kind of tension wheat was trying to get across! the music and foley was great, and i especially liked the breathing and grunts now and then bc they seemed seamless whether the actors did them or not.

EDIT: oh and it was nice to see the kid finally get some revenge. if i remember correctly, uptill now hed always gotten the raw end of the deal starting with those punch tests!

Thanks, Ernest.

Doesn't it look like it was shot on the RED?

"We will be use-ing the RED cam-er-a. It is the best cam-er-a."

Hahaah, i need to watch that again. Even though im not a sound guy, i was laughing so hard. My mistake was when i showed it to my non filmmaker friends. They just looked at me strange when i was laughing.

@buddy,
your welcome, I did try and address the continuity concern you brought up on the early preview.. particularly the girls drop (my fix was in audio, have her land like a ninja instead of a moose!) I think it helped smooth over his hesitation to turn. Also, your feedback on the next episode script was the inspiration for the one line of dialogue in THIS episode.

@ernest,
Exactly right on the revenge! Ill keep that tension peaking thing in mind for the following episodes.

Oh cool. All over town on it the little positives you nailed really add up and put it over the top.

I forget if I said it, but way killer job ROC.

-Thanks-

Thanks a lot Buddy.

Wish I had more time to make it even better for wheat but everyone seems to like it so I'll leave it at that :)

Got your message, ROC. Outstanding work from both Wheatgrinder and yourself!! I also liked the sound dynamics. It felt natural. The fact that all the sound was post, really made it sound clean!

I don't think anyone mentioned the music, but I thought it was also good. How was it realized (DAW, sample library, etc.)?

Yes, proscore music elements mostly (a few freesound.org samples in there too), mixed on cubase sx DAW. I dont know what to call this type of "effort"... as a musican that can play a REAL instrument, Im not exactly comfortable calling rearranging bits and pieces of prerecorded music as "scoring." Obviously it does take a musical ear to make it come together in a pleasing way.. soo.. heck I dont know..

I "scored" every scene with something, but left it up to ROC to drop\raise levels where he thought best, with a few suggestions here and there.

There are some subtle changes between this score and the one posted in the preview.. ROC had me listen\watch the music for Quantum Of Solace, I did and realized that my original score was STEPPING on the sound design, not helping it. Once I realized that musical ques are not exactly ON VISUAL time it came together much cleaner.

Im not exactly comfortable calling rearranging bits and pieces of prerecorded music as "scoring."

I've wondered the same thing before. At least according to wikipedia, a "score" is written specifically for a film, so that's not what we have here. So maybe we call it, I dunno..."music editing"?

its an odd line.. I suspect if we were working with just SAMPLES then it would still be a score, but this.. this is more like "arranging" even though its not the classic music arrangement method, its has more in common with musical arrangement than not? In fact, if you were to "pitch shift" or re-key any of the sounds, then it would have everything in common with arranging except the written score.. is there a rule that the score has to be written? What if I just ad-lib guitar through the whole movie .. is that scoring? ..

Back