Short Ideas Without Actors

Hi guys I have a cannon t2i and I wanted to do some test footage with it and maybe create something interesting. I've been writing scripts for shorts recently but would like to start on some actual camera work. I dont know of any locals in Dallas interested in filmmaking so, I basically need some creative ideas!

Thanks for any advice

Hi guys I have a cannon t2i and I wanted to do some test footage with it and maybe create something interesting. I've been writing scripts for shorts recently but would like to start on some actual camera work. I dont know of any locals in Dallas interested in filmmaking so, I basically need some creative ideas!

Thanks for any advice

For school I once made a short video about how my pen ran out of ink. I then got a text from "unknown" and it said "you'll find what you are looking for outside by the bleachers". So I went outside to the football field and in the middle of the field a piece of paper beamed down from the sky and a pen was inside. The paper read "This pen will probably never run out of ink." And I took it back inside and finished my sentence which was "The End"

LOL don't know if that helped but yeah I did that by myself with a tripod and whatnot and then acted in it. So yeah try to do something like that maybe? Haha hope that helped in some way. :D

I'm sorry, but I'm going to answer your question by telling you that you're asking the wrong question.

Sure, there might be the rare, extremely-occasional movie that is kinda cool, that doesn't involve a cast. But that's weird, and unusual, and actually, I can't think of one. Working with a cast is as essential to filmmaking as air is to breathing.

The question you should be asking is how you can start forming a volunteer cast.

Step #1: ask family
Step #2: ask friends
Step #3: ask acquaintences
Step #4: beg family
Step #5: beg friends
Step #6: beg acquaintences

After you've successfully made your first short film, you'll surely find that the process of gathering a cast has changed:

Step #1: Tell friends and family that you would definitely like to have them again, after they tell you how much fun they had, and that they want to join your next project.
Step #2: Ask even more friends and family.

Thanks for any advice
I am tempted to call shenanigans on this. Okay, you don't know anyone in
your area interested in filmmaking but Dallas is a HUGE filmmaking hub.
There are thousands of people in your area interested. Meet them!

I'll step off my soap box...

You can shoot nature.
You can shoot objects.
You can shoot animals.

Tell a story about a dog in the neighborhood. Borrow from Godfrey Reggio and
tell a story using shots from your area. Make a "commercial" for a product using
only the product.

Frankly (and forgive me for coming off as harsh) YOU should be the creative
force behind your movies. If you truly cannot think of anything creative
perhaps you are not a creative person. Maybe you are a camera operator.
Find some creative people in Dallas (there are thousands) and offer your
services as a camera owner/operator.

Sorry; I got back up on that soap box before I realized it...

If you have a pet, I'd make a self-narrated film about that pet being the ruler of the house and the fact that he has these mere homo-sapiens cleaning up after him and feeding him all day.

Back