Short Film that I made

Awesome short Nicky!

The visuals are amazing! The color correction, lighting, and camera work are perfect. You should be a DP! I'd hire you in a second.

A few questions:
Did you use an anamorphic lens, or a plug-in like optical flares?
How did you get the Aerial shot?
Do I hear the TELL soundtrack?

Awesome short Nicky!

The visuals are amazing! The color correction, lighting, and camera work are perfect. You should be a DP! I'd hire you in a second.

A few questions:
Did you use an anamorphic lens, or a plug-in like optical flares?
How did you get the Aerial shot?
Do I hear the TELL soundtrack?

Hey Chimp! I see we share the same love for Film Riot !

Yes it is indeed the TELL soundtrack.

As far as the lens goes , I used Optical Flares . The lenses that I used are very bad ones , 50mm 1.8 and 18-55mm and I did not use any anamorphic adapters.

Couple of months ago a guy on Youtube annouced that he will give away couple of aerial shots so I happend to get one in my e-mail .

And yes I would love to become DP , I love both directing and being camera operator so I am still not sure what I want to do in the future .

I usually plan my short films and I try to make them with deep stories and long etc but at the end of the day I fail with something and I never make the short .

So I decided to come up with little stories every week aside my 'big projects' and upload them on Youtube.

:)

I liked the set design and look esp the fog

your youtube export settings are not good enough, I have a 600d and there should be no difference but yours is slightly moggy so I would test out different settings, if you have compressor let me know and I can send you a good preset that's optimized for youtube.

As for the short itself, its too slow theres 4 minutes of nothing really happening, I would have crammed it into 1 minute with lots of jump cuts to heighten the intense feeling then make it slightly slower build up to the ... moment setting up everyone for the fall.

but its better than other things I have seen good job just work on that storyline a bit more

I liked the set design and look esp the fog

your youtube export settings are not good enough, I have a 600d and there should be no difference but yours is slightly moggy so I would test out different settings, if you have compressor let me know and I can send you a good preset that's optimized for youtube.

As for the short itself, its too slow theres 4 minutes of nothing really happening, I would have crammed it into 1 minute with lots of jump cuts to heighten the intense feeling then make it slightly slower build up to the ... moment setting up everyone for the fall.

but its better than other things I have seen good job just work on that storyline a bit more

Thanks and I do agree with you :)

Impressive stuff.

Only thing I would criticise is the inconsistent lighting fixtures within the scene. It looks strange when you cut from a CU to a LS and the talent changes in exposure. General rule of thumb is to light for the scene, not the shots.

Also out of curiosity, what dolly did you use?

Wow . I am sorry I haven't answered , I didn't noticed there are any new posts .

Thank you very much.

The dolly is a DIY one my uncle made me. No idea how he made it but it is nothing to do with PVC pipes . He built it in his garage .

Back