shooting in a fridge?

I am looking for some advice on how to obtain a shot inside a refrigerator looking out. I am using the canon XL2 with the P+S Technik mini 35 adapter, and it won't fit inside a fridge as is. If there is anyone who has done something like this or who has any tips I would greatly appreciate any replys.
Thanks,
ryan

A small digi camera (prosumer or consumer) should fit easily onto a shelf in the fridge, if you need movement though, thats a different story, maybe you can get a cmaeraman in there too, lol

His problem is that the mini35 adapter with lens would put ANY camera too far out on the shelf to get much of the inside of the fridge. Not to mention the inferior camera would not match footage wise to the XL2's.

Maybe another thought is to shoot from the very bottom back of the fridge upwards and remove 1 or 2 racks.

Also a super wide or even fisheye lens on the mini-35 will give extended FOV.

Hey i just tried this last week, except i had a smaller camera. Do you have to shoot with the xl2? I think the others have the right idea about making your own or taking the back out.

Well, if you want a teen film maker's perspective...

With a budget of zero, the first thing I'd try to do is clear out the fridge and even remove a shelf or two if I had to, and then restock the fridge around the camera. Of course, there's still the problem of OPERATING the thing...plus, if it's really all that big that might not work...

If you couldn't do THAT, then I would create a very cheap inside of a refrigerator to go in front of the camera. In theory, it really shouldn't need to be all that intricate, right? Just a few shelves, some food, something to open that looks like a door. You MIGHT not even need the refrigerator itself, just props to go in front of the screen. But then again, lighting isn't my forte, and being inside of something probably changes the way that looks a reasonable amount...

Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's the way I'd approach it.

well since my theory is that the light DOES go out when you shut the door, then it would be easy building a fake one, considering it is dark. but if the door is open, then pretend the light went out.

Just a thought...

Depending on how much the foreground fixtures (food and stuff in the 'fridge) move, would it make sense to try getting a good digital still from inside the 'fridge and then key the action part?

Back