Selling Final Cut copy to a friend...how to burn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to sell a copy of my Final Cut (version 4) to a friend for cheap but don't know if my p/n number or whatever has expired or not. How can I check this or get an alternate number for the install?

Also, I want to just burn a copy for him so that I keep the original...but I want everything to run smoothly. How can I burn FC onto disks so that it is an installable program once he uses that burned disk? (I use a Powerbook G4). Can I just create a burn folder on the desktop?

thanks in advance.

To make it legal, you'd have to remove the software from your computer and give him the original media (disks) with the serial number. Once sold, you're not allowed to use it at all or keep a copy of it for yourself. The license states that it is only for one computer.

Tech or not, what you are talking about is illegal. Bit shocked that a mod hasn't just closed this thread. It also dumbfounds me that someone would ask in a very public forum how the best way to brake the EULA which in turn is braking the law.

I also think that the person who made this area wanted it to be tech talk for the biz and not how to pirate software. If you don't think what you are doing is piracy you may want to see the dif of the word. I have said my part I will no longer entertain discussion on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back