• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Self-Help" A comedy webseries!

Hello all!
About a month ago for a class I made an experiemental video using a clone effect and have turned it into a web series. We are going to continue to make episodes but would love some feedback and advice on how to make this better for the future! We hope you find it funny and look forward to your critiques!
~Kontrol Studios

Self-Help:
"Jonah's forced into having to play host to Stacy, a girl invited over against his will with the sole intention of snapping him out of his post break-up depression...in other words, a one night stand...again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTpNNSbHr60&feature=channel_video_title

Second Episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UesYt2FQsOM&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
Ep#1 was pretty bad. Not the concept; just the whole energy level was looooooooow. It's hard to start high, when you're establishing depression & apathy I guess. :)

Ep#2 was actually pretty good. Sound was better, too. Energy was much better. The whole multiple character gimmick is finally clicking into gear. I think you can make something really good out of this. :cool:

The link to Ep #3 does not appear to be working correctly. :no:

Fix please. I'll watch it. :)

Episode one was weak.

Episode two was very enjoyable and funny.

Episode three was ok...until the rap ego popped up...then it got funny.

I enjoyed these. What did you shoot with?

Thank you very much for your feedback Zensteve and Powerkicker. I agree with you both on the first episode. We had concentrated more on seeing if we could do the clone effect and lost some energy when it came to acting and story but we tried making up for it in the next couple episodes. Um, I checked the link and it seems to be working on my end. To answer Powerkicker's question, we're shooting with a Nikon D7000. Thanks again for the critiques and I'll post new links when the next episodes are uploaded.

Back