• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Seeking Investors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Revelation

Web site
Revelation

Actor info
http://www.imdb.com

The Movie:
Epic trilogy set at the end of the universe, when the divine powers battle for control of the heavens.

Genre: Action packed fantasy adventure

Sub genres: sci-fi, biblical drama, romance

Staring actors:
Currently in discussions with: Morgan Freeman, Jamie Foxx, Mayumi Sada, Tamara Taylor, and Gackt.

Associated media:

Electronic games

7, 2d games following the breathtaking story line of each of the main characters set 6000 years before the movie. In the popular RPG format featuring a ground breaking battle system never before seen in games of this type.

2, 3d games.
The first will follow the seven angels and the immortal dialer
The second a strategy game, featuring another ground breaking battle system to enhance the control and game play experience.
Similar games: Devil May Cry 3, Chaos Legion, and Bujingai The Forsaken City.

Production Team
An enthusiastic, driven, multi-talented, international team of film makers, with many years of experience.

Last edited:
I looked at your site but couldn't find any info on your movie. You list actors you want, that you want to make a video game, that you need $5,000,000. But no info on the script and story.

Even on the "Meet the Team" link there is only info on the composer and none on you, the writer/director/producer/actor. There is more info on the games you want to make than the script itself.

As an investor I'd be interested more in the hard facts than in an unfinished website and vague comments about filmmakers with many years of experience. For example: who are these international filmmakers and what have they done in the past?

The PM's we have been exchanging have started going in circles - me asking questions, you pointing me back to the incomplete answers.

Looks like the main reason for the site is for collecting the affiliate reward, for sneakily getting peeps signed up for E-bay. Tsk tsk. :no:

(Actually, it's a nice chunk of change. Should be open about it though)

Maybe try calling him, for clarity. Good Mr Dara posted a phone number here
smiley_creepy.gif

I had to let go of that number because too many people calling about stupid stuff. I think I should stay with email. I can't give anymore information because I'm legally sworn to secrecy. The first of the 2d rpg is in the development as of 25 May 2005. The ebay thing is for a group of kids I teach how to use 3d program and how to make movies.

So just email me at Kazzurie@bellsouth.net

If you're sworn to secrecy and can't tell anyone anything, then where's the prospectus or business plan for the investor to review?

Will emailing you get the information?

Actor info: IMDB.com... LOL!! yes I know there is actor info there but you're not telling us who is attached. You're just telling us who is NOT attached but that you want them attached. Even the nonames and semi-nonames aren't listed.

This seems to be the WRONG way to go about approaching investors. You haven't even spent $10 on the domain name. Everything is free and who knows where our email address will go if we sign up or give feedback.

If you want to attract serious investors, I would reccomend not giving them that website. The verbiage seems unprofessional, like a kid put it up. The eBay thing has GOT TO GO. It makes it seem like a scam.

You should have information about the movie, the games, and the like, not a wishlist of who you want and how much money you want. Even the email address is free. Basically, what I'm getting at is that anyone could have put this up. No money and a weekend will get what you have, a domain name, a website, and posts on other websites. I'm skeptical because I see these types of things all the time at my job. I do IT security and have seen these types of scams... I'm NOT saying that this is a scam.. I'm just saying that it could be.

Also the fact that you're not giving us any info makes it seem more so.

If you want help, we're here to help. I can help you with suggestions on the website, free hosting for a year on a REAL server, etc... but you're not giving me or anyone else anything to go on.

suggestions ok

My email address is not free Bellsouth is a telephone company that I get my internet from. Website $44 a year.

I've been exchanging PM's with SirLaosson all day.

He approached me asking if I was interested in investing. Even after I said I was interested, he couldn't give me any information about the project or the people involved.

I have been on both sides (investor and producer) and have never heard of a deal where a producer was legally bound to not give information to potential investors.

I suspect it's going to be difficult to get money for a project like this.

But I wish you luck, SirLaosson.

ok, did loyal family appointed him a sir title? this reminded me of many martial artists who apoints themself a title of Master/Grandmaster hehe

Sorry, can't help but being curious... I am soon to be doing a feature length Anime/Comic Book character (of my own), and will be looking for investors, obviously with the same team that did A Joker's Card (that gotten some plenty of good reviews and won a Telly - for those who doesn't know what's a Telly, it's equivalent to an Emmy for non-broadcast programming, made by the people who mades Oscar and Emmy, etc).

So, anyone interested, let me know, I don't have info yet available until the producers meeting this sat... But if you have question, I'll be happy to talk about. Right now we are going for SAG experimental, no named actors, all local talent (to promote local people) and for this $75k total sum (small so we can get the hang of it) and if we do get distribution deals (possibly with Asia) we will renegotiate the terms with SAG, etc. My job is to make it happen and the other people's job is to get me the $ hehe

Johnny

My name is really SirLaosson Dara directorik check your pm.

Question

Can I get my screenplay copyrighted before finishing it? We are writing all three movies. the games, and series as one so it's taking a while.

Mdifilm

Your one post has given us more information than ALL of SirLaosson's posts.

SirLaosson,
You keep digg'n a deeper and deeper hole...lol You want $5,000,000.00 for a movie where the scripts aren't even done...!!!?? :lol:

Do you have a business plan completed?

The first movie script is done (all three movies together will be about 850 pages)
The first 2D rpg game script are almost done
The first 5 episodes of the mega-series are done
My short "Before The End" is in Pre Production now

I'm not going to post my three page synopsis here. So somebody can steal it. Why should I post my synopsis here without having it copyrighted first. I was asking can I copyright what I got? I was just giving people a leg up before the short and game comes out

BTW

Nice Short good luck on that ^_^

SirLaosson said:
The first movie script is done (all three movies together will be about 850 pages)
The first 2D rpg game script are almost done
The first 5 episodes of the mega-series are done
My short "Before The End" is in Pre Production now

I'm not going to post my three page synopsis here. So somebody can steal it. Why should I post my synopsis here without having it copyrighted first. I was asking can I copyright what I got? I was just giving people a leg up before the short and game comes out

You can pretty much copyright anything. If you're in the U.S. goto http://www.copyright.gov and follow the Performing Arts link. The cost is $30 to register your material.

Thunderclap said:
You can pretty much copyright anything. If you're in the U.S. goto http://www.copyright.gov and follow the Performing Arts link. The cost is $30 to register your material.
That's a useful tip and link, thanks. My favorite, honest to god faq on the site, with the OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE, for god's sake:

How do I protect my sighting of Elvis?
Copyright law does not protect sightings. However, copyright law will protect your photo (or other depiction) of your sighting of Elvis. Just send it to us with a Form VA application and the $30 filing fee. No one can lawfully use your photo of your sighting, although someone else may file his own photo of his sighting. Copyright law protects the original photograph, not the subject of the photograph.

Someone asked who are these international film makers.
for those investors watching here's a little more info on the composer, me.
look at the thread, "film composer for free" for responses to my work at mp3.au/mattmilne

I started out in the film industry about 6 months ago, end of january, at 18.
Still at 18 i have been awarded 21 contracts for several overseas films and a few projects for smfilms here in the uk.

run down of major and minor projects.
"Mt soledad love story" (John P Roach, producer pending)
film for librium studios http://www.libriumpictures.com/aboutus.htm
"These dreams" http://www.thesedreams.co.za/ (south african feature film)
All films listed at http://www.smfilms.co.uk (shorts, tv programmes)
"swiftly fading spirit" blue lama studios (short)
"the forger" phicophilms (short)
"indiana jones and the treasure of the templars" cinema quality fan film, by ken gawne
"ted fleebermen" comedy by seth kopchu for washington state tv
advert for miguel melendez
film for lasse buch
film for james clement

these are a few of the 21 projects. Some have more projects attatched to them. Computer games etc.

Look folks, i don't know what this all means to you but in 5 months an unknown, unqualified, university drop out, but quite talented musician has landed over 21 international projects.
Some of these films are in the mid to high budget range. Literally millions of dollars and decades of expertise have been gambled on me.
Just considder that there are discussions going on to try and get the A list actors onboard. if enough money can be offered and these actors take it, the film has a really good chance at the cinemas and dvd counter.
If you are the sort of people to invest some money on talented people then this is deffinately the film to do it.

Mr darra, will do as much as he can to make as much info available as possible.

If he is a bit of a trickster i can assure you me and my associates are not going to be very pleased and will prosecute him to the extent of the law.
If he is a fraud then you can sue the pants off him.

But if he is genuine then for crying out loud, A list actors! at the very least you'll get your cash back, likely many times that.
What have you got to loose.

The sooner the games are released, the sooner the media can get interested in the film, the sooner the better actors can sign on, the sooner the film can get underway.
The sooner it is released, the sooner you get your money back.

Congrats on all the pro-bono work you're doing. Experience is worth its weight in gold.

But concerning this project, there's not a lot of information.

Is the $5 Mil for the movie, the game, both, one or the other? It was stated that all of these things are going on and want to do this and are developing this game and this is a list of actors we want, but there is no meat. There's no information.

We were told that SirL, couldn't tell us anything. Well how are you going to tell me how I'll get ROI on my $50,000 or $250,000? If you can't tell me the busienss plan, marketing plan, etc.. then how can I invest?
I DO have people that invest in these sort of things, and they always ask for the busines plan. If you don't have that, then you should get it done as soon as possible...

Are all of these things one project, or are they separate? Are they their own LLC or are they under a bigger umbrella?

If I want to invest in the game but not the movie, is that a posibility?

I mean, obviously you all have a plan.. I mean a lot of stuff, games, movies, webisodes, etc... That's awesome! Just write down the plan... that's all... that's what investors want to see.. I know mine do.

And putting the plan up in public isn't the place, like SirL stated previously... But when an investor "bites" then you have to have it ready to send them.

I can't wait to see what you guys have and come up with... it's an exciting venture.

Do you have any one looking at picking up the games?

Last edited:
sir lao is coming up with the details as we speak and is copyrighting the material so that he can give details of each part. I think that's why he doesn't want to give any info at the moment, incase anyone nicks the film and game ideas. Once that's cr'd details will flow.

As far as i know EA, LionHead, Capcom and SqureEnix are in talks about the games. I'm not sure if that's the 2d or 3d games. Probably the 3d ones. Press lao on that.

I think all these things are one project i.e. all relating to revelation the movie, (that being why they were included in the site)

Obviously once lao has cr'd he'll be able to give you all the exciting details himself.
The secrecy is to protect the project and to ensure that no-one else profits from the years of hard work. I'm sure you do it yourself.

i think its a bit out of date but for some info on sirlao and his previous work you can go to http://heavenascent.tripod.com/id42.htm

Sorry just a note on Copyright........ the reality is Copyright costs nothing. Simply add (C) name/company name year. Thats it. It is suggested however that if you do register it that you are better protected, although there is no evidence to suggest that anyone has been disadvantaged by not registering. (I couldn't find an instance where there was a particular court case etc - didn't look too hard).

well, certainly here in the uk we artists are protected by intellectual copyright and the artists act of 1988. We don't need to register as our work is automatically protected till many years after our death (i think it's about 50 years) i have no idea what the deal is in the usa but think you're probably better registering and idea, particularly with the amount of money we're talking about.

Lao has decided to make a short crime movie to help fund revelations he's looking for about $150K he'll get in touch with the details sometime soon ( there is a buisness plan so don't worry about that).

The copyrighting of revelations is about 2 weeks away.
matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back