• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Seeking Attachments

Hi, I'm an experienced screenwriter and former development exec. I have one script currently in pre-production with an a-list director and a $40 million budget but I'm here to talk about another, even better, script: "The Life and Times of Lesbian Alien Opera Singers." I'm looking for members who have direct links to bankable directors and actors and who might be willing to help me get this really exciting new script to those contacts. The script is a romantic comedy, budget anywhere from $2 million to $10 million depending on above the line choices. The three main characters are in their mid 30s to early 40s, one male, two females. For the male lead I've thought of people in the mold of Matthew Perry, John Cusack, Robert Downey Jr., Ryan Reynolds, maybe Ryan Gosling. Two female leads: Jennifer Garner, Courtney Cox, Neve Campbell, all actors must be able to combine comedy with drama. There is tentative partial funding for the project (matching funds only, I'm hoping that the right attachments can bring me the rest of the funding), and an executive summary in place.

Thanks in advance for anything you're able to help me with, and continued good luck with your own projects. BTW, the best way to reach me is via scripts@earthlink.net. Thanks again.

Best,

Rob

Your budget projections currently don't match your cast list.

If you want to bring it in in the $5M-$10M budget range you need to think about moving the project to Europe... where there is a high level of bankable talent, but willing to work in that budget range... and where direct access is less of an issue.

I have access to both that talent and bankable European directors... but, if I remember rightly I've already talked to you about this project over at Filmcommunity... and you've yet to reply to my message.

If I'm honest there is just something about the way you pitch that makes me nervous about offering to work with you... wish I could be more specific than that... because the truth of the matter is that I'm currently looking to build a slate of pitchable projects ... because I have a list of A list European directors who I know are actively looking for projects right now... all of whom I have regular direct contact with.

But... If you want, send me the logline and the first ten pages... I'll at least have a look

Please, please, please don't send the whole script... or a letter that outlines the existing funding... just send what I've asked for.

Back