• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Secret Santa 2011

That was hilarious Ray! I'm gonna pledge a £50!

For some reason, yours isn't showing up on my iPad, Uranium! I'll have to wait til I get on my PC to watch...

Boom! There we go!

Kamikazee, and everyone on IndieTalk.com - merry christmas and happy new year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYn-GDuY-LM

very nice Christmas..

Mad Hatter is that really your debut? Awesome.. totally felt the suspense.. Oh, and Americans don't have accents, everyone else does ;)

Uranium City that was, cool, it was like I was riding along with you and your were pointing out the sights.. 8 Mile road, .. now Iv "been there!" The music made it very special indeed.

rayw, oh my freakin heck that is SO WRONG that its just right! The gifts were very naughty and I had to shoo my kids out of the room as read.. lol...

dlevanchuk, that was really great. My wife and I (my wife was a Russian major in school, and we plan to travel there when I retire) watched it and think we get it ;) I love the shank clip, that was awesome.. fun music too.

Thanks for the nice comments on my video, I sorta obsessed on it. If its not obvious it was inspired by the "butterflies" video featuring John Maclovich, if you haven't seen it do so, its pretty awesome visuals, horrible depressing story, but cool. I used one of Flicker Pictures xray assets he posted here, it was just what I needed..

Its true, I hate John Malcovich and I don't even know why, I be we would get along fine... if he reads this, Im reaching out, call me John, we need to talk, ;)

Here it is, in all of its lameness. Merry Christmas, Wheatgrinder, and I'm sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qovxYEEo2Nk

BTW, I did notice the similarity in your video. Super awesome job!

Last edited:
Great job from everybody so far! This really is brilliant!

Dlevanchuk - not sure if that's supposed to be funny, but I'm a little scared now. And to think Russia was one of the places I was looking forward to visiting... :( Just kidding! That was great... "Tip number one - don't smile..." Very funny!

Merry Christmas all!

Now where's my present... I guess it's coming from one of these "fashionably late" people... :no:

Mad Hatter is that really your debut? Awesome.. totally felt the suspense.. Oh, and Americans don't have accents, everyone else does ;)

Haha! Thanks Wheat! Means a lot. And you're absolutely right... everybody elses accents are terrible... especially mine!!! I talk like Ozzy Ozbourne... just a little less drug-addled... :)

I like the acting which i'm usually picky about I see the main actor in a chair quit possibliy work in a seth rogan film as a copper with a beard that doesn't care about his job has that mentality to his his acting (sub serious acting). As a sub roal.

thing I don't like is the music John Malcovich, is like a pencil and a pen unique character and actor.

the song couldn't of picked a worse actor to to pick on ?

technically givted in how he says his lines which not many actors can do. John Malcovich is a genius speaker how he delivers his lines unmatched.

RE

I decided the best thing for me to do was make an xtranormal cartoon video for you guys for christmas. Here it is.

Merry Christmas Indietalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6yKG9KrGHo

Thanks Pete.

It was amazing, thanks for not just throwing in the towel and leaving me high and dry.

Out of focus Christmas lights are classic. People pay good money for booze just so their vision will blur and they can get that effect... thanks for saving my liver!

@theVision; My piece was a satirical mockery of a short film staring John M. But more then that its a commentary on the post modern, nihilistic, anti synergistic, neolithic humans need to exceed the mundane group think of daily life as spoon feed by a fascistic quasi religious sudo government-industrial complex that dribbles soma to the masses in the form of the average, weak and ugly man. We need BEAUTIFUL heroes, that is the only thing that can save us!

Or maybe not..

Fun to see this year's batch of Secret Santa Sinema. ;)

You definitely hit the mark with replicating the look of that film, Wheat. Nice AE handy work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjpC7qHDfsM

Thanks Pete.

It was amazing, thanks for not just throwing in the towel and leaving me high and dry.

Out of focus Christmas lights are classic. People pay good money for booze just so their vision will blur and they can get that effect... thanks for saving my liver!

@theVision; My piece was a satirical mockery of a short film staring John M. But more then that its a commentary on the post modern, nihilistic, anti synergistic, neolithic humans need to exceed the mundane group think of daily life as spoon feed by a fascistic quasi religious sudo government-industrial complex that dribbles soma to the masses in the form of the average, weak and ugly man. We need BEAUTIFUL heroes, that is the only thing that can save us!

Or maybe not..

The directing is great, the acting is great, but correct me anyone if i'm wrong ( I don't think its a good thing to have a song baggin J. M in your showreel) I wouldn't.

J. M not is only in film and gets along with a spread of a series of directors and actors
but is actually controls alot of broadway.

I would cut that song out completly, IMO, leave the song in - if you want I wouldn't but .

J.M is big not only on film but broadway

I wouldn't have that in my show reel but.

Last edited:
Dude, these shorts weren't made for our show-reels. They are Christmas presents for our friends here on IT. :)

Oh, and I just got up but I plan on finishing mine and uploading by this evening :evil:

This is me, tired! Just finished a 75-hour work-week, every hour of which was ridiculously busy. Like many people in this thread, I had grand plans, but then life happened. So, I hope that my most sincere, heartfelt warm-wishes will suffice:

http://vimeo.com/34226400
PW: "hohoho"

Dude, these shorts weren't made for our show-reels. They are Christmas presents for our friends here on IT. :)

Oh, and I just got up but I plan on finishing mine and uploading by this evening :evil:

Oh didnt say that at start of thread? newbie here.

Well was good clip didn't say it wasn't jus the background J.M music , okay

Yes merry xmas lol :)

@thevision,
ah.. I doubt my career as an "independent filmmaker" is in threat from dissing John M. Heck, I even say in my song "I dont know why..."

Dollars to donuts, I bet that Mr. M would ENJOY my vid, in fact, feel free to post in on a web site for him to see. :)

FYI: I purposely use lots of colloquialisms to keep you confused, and other grammatical tricks besides.

And to be clear, I HATE JOHN MALCOVICH, I DON'T KNOW WHY I JUST DO. Perhaps if I get to know him my opinion will change, but for now, he is the single object of my disaffection. He is all that is wrong in the world embodied in an ugly bald guy. I'm ugly and fat, but at least I got my hair... TAKE THAT JOHN MALCOVICH! BALDY! CHROME DOME, HAIRLESS WONDER nener nener nener!!! (John, Im crying out here, call me, Im walking again!) ;)

Back