• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

SCREENPLAY IDEA FOR ANYONE INTERESTED.

While in a bus, this idea just zoomed in and I thought over it. Being a low budget indie, I decided i should let it go, but not just like that - For anyone with more gut.
Here we go;

Our star is a retired CEO who has given up his career. He was CEO for a couple of companies where his success rate wasn't remarkable and he has been dubbed, "THE GUY TO LET GO," in the business.
Just about a year after giving up his career to start a small shipping business, he is approached by two co-corporate guys from a big bank. The bank is on its rocket way down and suffering from a very low liquidity, and their CEO has abandoned them for a better job. No other CEO is willing to stake their career on such a venture.
This is around the time of 2009 when the world suffered tough economic times.
The share holders are suffering the worst loss recorded in banking history(Though such info is not availed to our star).
They manage to convince our star to sign the contracts.

But things are different when he gets to the job. He finds out that the bank has submitted a request to the central bank to exit.
Half of the branches have been shut down.
And that three quarters of the employees are being laid off.
Not to mention the top management constantly on the run for their lives to new jobs.
Now all he has is just one top manager who has stayed loyal and the rest are lower staff, most of whom are junior staff.

Our star is a dummy. Someone they have put up, because there has to be someone there.
Getting to know this, he decides to take a path no one would dare.(Of course you have guessed that.)

He knows the secretary to the governor at the central bank(The one who let him know about the forms submitted). He asks him not to submit the forms to the governor(Or whoever it is responsible.) But it can't be for long.

He tries to convince the board members. And manages to get some of their attention because they are running the worst losses on closure - Although deep down inside, they do not believe it is possible. They simply do not know what to do.
(he could buy himself more support by convincing someone he knows - a billionaire friend who is an ass - to buy most of the shares at a very cheap exchange, on a bet that he has the ability to revive the firm).

The advantage our star has is his humility and his circle of friends. He knows almost everyone and has very many CEO friends and Directors(Some of whom have cheated him over the years to climb to the top as they submerge him - although he always plays it cool.)
He manages to get a few deals and it is all he needs to elevate.

(You could give him a task of two big deals which when signed will elevate the bank's liquidity to an acceptable ratio)

You have to create a character whom people trust despite his past failures and they do not know why they trust him - though most of his board members do not trust him. One actually is fighting hard to see that he fails(The villain of course)

And just like you would guess, We amazingly bring a falling firm back to its feet.

I guess now you know why I let it go. Too much research, sleepless nights, and no time for s... sorry!
I will be willing to render any help to my hero.

And hope its a good idea worth trying. Otherwise....... Well, its all I had!

Back