• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Santa Holocaust

Hey guys!

I've always come to IndieTalk for help and I just want to know what are my chances for trying to get an investor to invest in my latest short film to make it into a feature?

I know that the world of indie filmmaking is terribly competitive, and so maybe this whole-make into a feature-is a pipe dream, but I'd just like to know if this would do well or not. Would you personally want to invest in this film?

It was made in 4 days with a $500 budget. What do you guys think? Any criticism would be great in our next film!

Thanks everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcGBDwWscdM

okay..I ain't gonna criticise but to tell u the cons as a film-watcher...

1. is it on my screen or the first 35 seconds are darker that it should be?
2. u didn't use tripod most of the time..sometimes handheld was necessary but not fro most of the time..
3. sound is not up to the mark. background music is too loud but dialogue was inaudible sometimes..
4. broke rule of third couple of times..

experts will tell u more and they will give u sophisticated solution too..they will mention the pros as well..I am just a film-watcher..

4. broke rule of third couple of times..

experts will tell u more and they will give u sophisticated solution too..they will mention the pros as well..I am just a film-watcher..

the rule of thirds is not really a "rule". it's one way among many of composing a shot. I don't see why you consider not using the rule of thirds a "con".
I'd rather consider overusing it a bad thing, as how you compose a shot should always depend on what's in the shot and what you want to express. the point of the rule of thirds is to make a shot appeal to the eye, but if what we see in the shot is not appealing, the use of the rule of thirds can be questioned.

the rule of thirds is not really a "rule". it's one way among many of composing a shot.
I'd rather consider overusing it a bad thing, as how you compose a shot should always depend on what's in the shot and what you want to express. the point of the rule of thirds is to make a shot appeal to the eye, but if what we see in the shot is not appealing, the use of the rule of thirds can be questioned.

you are right.. I found some shots not appealing actually..

Why wasn't the bad guy Jack Frost? It makes sense on a couple different levels. 1. Jack Frost creates the storms that makes it hard for Santa to get the goods out. 2. You have the play on words with frost->snow->cocaine. 3. In the movie Santa says he knows where everyone on earth is except this guy. That would lead us to believe that it is some other-than-human entity. Jack Frost??

It looks washed out. The sound wasn't that good. It was hard to understand them in places. Also, if you're going to do this many fight scenes, practic, practice, practice. IMHO you can get past bad acting, sound, cinemtography, etc. before you can accept a bad fight scene. Its fake and we know its fake, but when it looks fake too, well... I think the story is good. It just needs better execution.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a guy i know. He was blackwater and they call him delta clause. He had a beard down to his belly button. He's a badass. Use to carry an M4 in each hand and an RPG strapped to his back. True story, ive seen the pictures.

But anyways, It was pretty cheesy and funny to. Kiwi murder, That part was hilarious. Yeah there was some issues with production value but hey, you did this in 5 days. I thought it was pretty good.

Back