• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Remove rustling from audio

Hello guys.

I did an interview with a lav mic, but there is a problem. There were times where the person move a lot and the lav mic rubs on shirt, creating that unpleasant sound. My mistake because i should've put the mic in another place.

There is no miracles but do you guys think it's possible to reduce that noise? Can denoiser from premiere help?

Thank you all.

You mean to use the audio from the cam shotgun mic recorded in the other channel? I dont have the videos with me but i have to check how is that sound as i've not listen it yet. I wasn't too far from the subject but i dont know the sound quality

This is what dialog editing is all about. You can use dialog (one syllable, word or phrase) from the alternate takes, or from the boomed mic, which usually sounds more natural anyway unless you have ambient noise or distance problems.

You can also try noise reduction and spectral repair if you have a quality NR plug-in.

You mean to use the audio from the cam shotgun mic recorded in the other channel?

I mean the microphone on a stick.

Alternatively you can sometimes take audio from another take and use a cutaway if it doesn't sync properly (assuming you don't have the skills/tools to sync it up).

Back