Recommendations for film making fellowships, labs or grants?

Yesterday I posted a thread about having doubts about shooting my upcoming feature film on a budget of $40k-$70k which is currently what is feasible based on my circumstances. I've been looking at options for increasing this budget (one of which was to do a short film as a pitch to raise more funding). But am now also thinking about looking into other options that may be able to assist me with the development of my film. These would typically either be fellowship programs, labs or grants.

For example, The Sundance Screenwriters Lab (while highly competitive) is the type of program I am looking to submit my material to. Something established and high profile. Unfortunately that particular lab is closed for submission for 2014, but if anyone on here has any other recommendations for similar labs, fellowships or even worthwhile grants (I am in California), I would love to hear it.

Learn to pitch:

Here's the situation, you're in an elevator with someone who can fund your film and you have 20 seconds to pitch your idea. What do you say to him:

Back