• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Realistic TV reflection

Hey guys, how can I imporve the lightning on this scene? Im going for having a tv reflection on these two guys, and put 100w tungset light bulbs with heavy blue gels on each side, about 6 feet away, plus 40w light from the ceiling, but it still looks unrealistic..

got some tips? :( should I just play around with color correction in post then?

http://vimeo.com/15051981

Light from a TV would flicker and change with the picture on it. Ways you could duplicate with lights, but may I ask, have you tried just, you know, using a TV?

HAHA! Yea, that would deffinately solve the issue, but i dont HAVE a tv :) Plus, it wouldn't give out as much of the glare as I would like to. I want the "gamer" be flooded with blueish screen video light.

Thanks for the flickering idea, i'll try to figure out how to make that happen. Doing everything by myself (including my superior "acting" lol).

I might try to put a box (with some diffusion on it) in front of the kid (Off camera) so we catch the square reflection of it in his glasses, then have someone move a gel or two around in front of the box and switch it’s light source on and off a few times to throw a little moving changing color in the reflection, like a video game. (The video game sound effects, light reflection, and his actions should combine to sell the effect.)

On the other hand, with his actions as is, and the way the other guy is watching, I would never think he really wasn't playing a video game to be honest.

-Thanks-

Back