Ray Bradbury RIP

Passed at 91...not a bad run! Definitely thankful for all Mr. Bradbury brought to the table over the years. I think a memorial re-watch of "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is in order. Farewell and thanks, Ray! Hope you're enjoying a post-mortem poker game with Clarke, Dick and Asimov!

Great idea about SWTWC! Queueing it up now. :) Might even give Illustrated Man another look, although if memory serves me it's not the best cinematic adaptation of his work.

One of my dream projects for film was Dandelion Wine. I hear a prodco in Russia put a version together?

Enjoyed all his books. Put a lot of 'human' into the 1950's science-fiction surge. Wrote a lot of classic material. An original. RIP...

I was pretty upset when I heard this, him being my favorite fiction writer and all.....

I posted a RIP for him on my facebook, and I'll do it here too.

Mr. Bradbury, thank you for immersing us in your wonderful characters, prose, and worlds. Thank you for introducing me to short stories as a child. Thank you for inspiring me to become a writer. And last, but not least, thank you for providing me hours and hours of entertainment over the years. Mr. Bradbury, God bless you, and godspeed. Rest in peace.

Great idea about SWTWC! Queueing it up now. :) Might even give Illustrated Man another look, although if memory serves me it's not the best cinematic adaptation of his work.

One of my dream projects for film was Dandelion Wine. I hear a prodco in Russia put a version together?

I've always wanted to do film adaptations of some of the short stories in The Martian Chronicles, and The Golden Apples of the Sun. Also, I wouldn't mind giving Fahrenheit 451 a film redemption....

Fahrenheit 451 and Martian Chronicles are both big parts of my past... so sad -- he came and spoke at the dedication of our new college library years ago. His brilliance is immortalized!

Back