"Rare Exports"

Now here's a little Finnish Christmas Cinema that's reportedly so damned dark and twisted, it may become one of the classics. The damn thing isn't showing in my neck of the woods yet.

From a review by Bill Gibron:

"Rare Exports is the best unholy Christmas creation ever. ... It’s the perfect combination of old world superstition and new age satire. Buried in between the torn apart animal carcasses, musty slaughterhouses, homemade wolf traps, and sparse, Spartan living condition is still a child’s vivid imagination - only this time, the visions aren’t of candy and kindness, but of a horned demon with elf-like minions that may or may not resemble anorexic old men. Rare Exports wants to argue that the real meaning of Santa was always as an underage cautionary tale, a coal in the stocking vs. presents by the fire kind of behavioral modification."

If anyone is lucky enough to catch it, let us know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjkJ6rZg7DI

That film has been a long time in the making.

I've been a fan of their earlier short films over the years, revolving about capturing & exporting genuine Father Christmas's. I have hi-res versions on an old stored drive; here's their first short from back in 2003:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAkxDdUEHaY

(watch out for nekkid Santa-bum!)

There's another one from 2005, which was a lot more ambitious.

I'm thrilled they've finally completed a feature on it. I'll check this out for sure, if playing locally.

From the positive chatter among mainstream reviewers, it looks like they're going to hit the big-time with this one. Good for them!

Love the line "He knows when you've been bad or good...and he doesn't give a f**k."

:P

The voice over was a little bad but then that's just the trailer and won't be in the movie.

The movie itself looks pretty good and fun to watch!

Do you guys know where to get a copy?

Looks good! I love the title design at the end, with the traditional Scandinavian sweater pattern. So awesome. Details like that are very cool :)

Back