Rain! Bloody rain!

Well it's been lovely here in the sunny west country for the last four days but now, when i am just about to step outside to a shoot, it pisses it down! Bloody 'ell! Bugger! Me crumpets are soggy! etc...

Any tips? I'm going out in 30 minutes anyway, taking plastic bags and an umbrella. I honestly can't believe this, i was counting on the sunshine for atmosphere.

I'm -meant- to be recreating 127 hours, in british woodland and farmland. But now it's going to look a bit more like Titanic.

Btw, before the internet superiority card is called, i do know that it is impossible to stop the rain and that i should shoot on another day, but today is my only chance with the rider and the competition deadline is in two days! I'm not looking for a solution, just thought it was an interesting topic!

Okay so it's actually cleared up a little in the past 15 minutes, i think i'm in for a day of dodging rain showers and constantly changing camera settings to suit. I think i can see a little blue sky, which is a blessing!

A recreation of 127 hours in the British woods and farmland would realistically include at least 100 hours of rain. :P

I would argue that the rain makes everything more beautiful. We've had really heavy rain on and off for weeks now in Liverpool- there are double rainbows in the sky and everything is wet and reflecting the sun.

Back