Questionable company

Hi

I've finally pulled my funds together to buy a dvx100a. I was about to place the order at Abe's of Maine, but then I found it for cheaper at PriceRightPhoto.com. It doesn't sound like a legit company. Has anyone had any experience with this site?

I know someone has put together a list of companies to stay away from, but I can't find it on the forum. Could someone point me to it?

Thanks a lot,

Luke

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8613.html

Read the reviews. Some say total scam. I'd stick with a more reputable company.

With camera purchases there is a rash of companies of late that deal in broken box and open box as well as grey market and so you are, in my opinion, better off ordering from somebody who is truly reputable. I prefer B&H any time I can.

As always, caveat emptor, which in this case means the caveat of those chep web prices means they will emptor your wallet before you are done.

...when I bought my dvx, my friend told me to make sure it was made (the camera you get) in Japan or the U.S. Anywhere else might be a knock off and you may have problems. I bought my camera at B&H. They are reputable and you may do better to not try to shave off a few dollars. The money you save when you make your purchase may not add up to much if you buy a faulty camera....

--spinner :cool:

Back