Question: Would you watch a foreign documentary short(with subtitles)?

The story is that I am going to this open day they have at a WW2 airfield 2km from my house and it's 5 to nearest bus stop so it's close by so to speak. It has bunkers canon and stuff. I thought it be a good opportunity to get to practice my filmmaking skills.
But the real question here is if I then subtitled it would you watch it? Not as in "watch my video" but a short in a foreign language(Swedish in this case). Or do you only watch films in English and/or your native language? :)

I never have any problem watching subtitles -- but I watch a lot of non-English cinema. In general, I would guess that people who watch documentaries also won't care.

I grew up watching Bergman. Hallström's "My Life as a Dog" is
a favorite of mine. "Låt den rätte komma in" is one of the only
vampire film I have ever liked. "Män som hatar kvinnor" and
the sequels were terrific films.

I watch a lot of French films and Hong Kong films. I don't like
watching dubbed films. If your movie is good, I'll watch it no
matter the language.

Thanks for both comments. If it turns out good I have to slap on some subtitles so I can sahre it with all the wonderful Indietalk people.
Since it's part this forum for my mad skills(or something of that kind). I spend to much on this forum and tomorrow is D-day to see if it pays of.

directoric: Cool. I guess people around here are open to most things as long as it's good! Raised in Sweden most films are foreign except a very small number each year!

Back