Question about Special FX

This might be a silly question but I have been trying to figure this out, and before I ask I would like to say that I Really do understand that it will take alot time and or skill. But I don't give up and will make myself learn it.

Ok here is the Question.

I understnd the basics of Green/blue screen. but never done it or used.

what program will allow professional type editing special Fx as below

Example ( The chase sequence on the bridge in Bad Boys 2 )

Watching the making of the movie ( many times ) they added extra cars on the bridge but they were REAL cars, they said that they filmed a car doing the same moves (blocking) but all by itself on the bridge , and at another location, and then they just repeated that with some of the other added cars, then in post they layered the cars (not sure if that is the right term) all together so it looked like they were all on the bridge at the same time.

I guess they best way to discribe it is that they cut and paste (moving) objects to make look like one scene.

If you have watched the making of bad boys 2 , you should know what I'm talking about
like with the cop car , or with Will's car

I have plans on buying the Complete Adobe Colection Pro, but before I buy anything MAjor I want to know that it's gonna do what I want.

Any help with this area ? or maybe a lead in the Right Direction?

Thanks Everyone

Interestingly, I think there is a case to be made that Bird's hypothosis and Will's research results could dovetail, Bird's hypothosis (probably a good one) being the explaination for the mysterious sudden appearance of the term as described by Will's google search. It's quite possible that in Irish lore there is a kind of John Hancock or Benedict Arnold or some such individual who was famous for such a display of nonsense that his name became synonymous with it. Interestingly also, one definition of the word Malarky is "Tom Foolery", so poor Tom, also likely of Irish descent, was likewise considered full of malarky! Which itself is probably just so much hogwash!

Last edited:
Thats very good advice and even being new to it, I can see your point. I can relate to even Auto Mechanics, I have seen some mechanics with some VERY high priced tools and mid priced tools.and Yes you need a Tool , But you need the Talent.I used to work next to a menchanic that had tools 4 times the price of mine, but funny thing I got more work done and had NO comebacks and I was able to fix cars with Tricks of the trade.
I know that tricks of the trade wil come in time, and I can understand that FX can slow production down to a snail , even have done the the cheesy home videos in the past took some time, in post.

Oh by the way I'm part Irish , the funny thing is that I hear that all the time in my household , but never really thought about want the definition is, other then the basic
( phony) (un-true) thats what i thought but i will ask and let you know.

Johnny Reb,

That's a good analogy about the auto mechanic. I suppose so would a guy with a $50,000 guitar who can't nail a note compared to the backwoodsman who with his grandfather's homemade guitar can coax tears from a snake with the sensitivity of his playing.

it's never about the technology. It's about the art, art, art! :)

Back