PSA for some kid's college prorject...

So, a little background. I'm a crazy 26 year-old filmmaker/retail worker who ran into a college kid who is doing a film project. He needed someone to write a little monologue for a montage he was going to piece together about violence and how it's bad and all that shit. So, I went ahead and wrote this during a lunch break. Let me know what you think.

Choices…Its about the only thing we’ve ever really had. But, it doesn’t ever feel that way. The human mind’s a jigsaw puzzle; Difficult to comprehend; always in a constant state of change without any real purpose other than completion. But, what is completion of the human mind? Can we ever reach perfection? Will there ever be an end to this endless sea of madness? Will we ever transcend beyond the victims of this Hobbesian Jungle?

They say a person kills as a means to survive. But in our modern time, survival is pride. Its materialism; vanity; whatever you want to call it. It’s just a state of consciousness; a survival of the mind. We don’t need to hunt, kill, or fight. We just need to live our lives. But, it doesn’t feel that way. It never does.

We always think we’re cornered; shamed, like the only way out is to stab everyone until we’re the ones on top. But, what are we on top of but a waste of human endeavor? We live in an industrial cesspool of income inequality and disenfranchisement; a giant gutter separating ourselves from one another. But, who can we blame but each other? When we do what we always do best. That…Now, that’s what sustains the continuum; our self-made prison; just one horror story after another.

We’re the unsolved jigsaw puzzle; a state of incompletion. But, we can change all that. It doesn’t matter where you live or what you do. Who you are; the color of your skin; how you were raised. None of that means anything. Choices; the ones we make every day; those are what matter. Those are the things that mean everything. I have a choice that I have to make every day and no matter what I choose, it’ll never be violence because that…Well, that my friends is what keeps us all locked away in hell; incomplete and never perfect; forever alone as a tiny little rock floating in its own continuum.

Back