• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Protestant Work Ethic – Softer Waves {Official Music Video}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqXKICpptY
on YOUTUBE and on VIMEO

“An old man is packing up for a long journey. On an antiquarian decrepit bike, with a life-sized paper boat on his back he heads of to find his true home — apart from all the loveless madness, societies decadence and the isolation he had to experience every day.”

Official music video for the Austrian folk/indie band Protestant Work Ethic provided to you kindly by the OSTBLOK guys. Thankfully we got some UNIQUE help from these awesome fellows: Johannes Höß, Johannes Raimann, Bernhard Schlick.

During production we lost an Arri Light, a floating tire, 200€, one good take, the ability to render Quicktime movies instead of TIFF sequences, and our innocence. Producing this video was responsible for 0,00000000000000000000001‰ of the worlds carbon emission. Thank you rain for being always there when we didn’t need you and then fucking with us when you gave us a perfect rainbow directly opposite of what we were shooting.

Shot on a Canon EOS 7D and edited in an Apple studio with a suite of things from Adobe.

© 2010 OSTBLOK: Patryk Senwicki, Dominic Spitaler, Tamás Kiss.

This is what we did the last couple of months. It includes a women in a bikini but otherwise I guess it’s appropriate for anyone over 12. I hope you like it and I’m eager to hear what you think about it. :)
Dominic

wavespress3.jpg

wavespress4.jpg

wavespress7.jpg

wavespress9.jpg

Nice job.

I liked especially the shot sequence with the pedestrians walking backwards in front of the old man. There's some good symbolic imagery throughout.

The music wasn't bad, either.

Good luck with it!

-Charles

Very cool! Lot of great images in there. Color grading was especially effective. Reminds me of something I would have enjoyed on MTV's "120 Minutes" circa 1993 (this is a compliment).

That was simultaneously extremely modern feeling and wonderfully retro. But then again, if retro is in fashion, is it still retro?

I liked a lot :)

Great work. I like the color correction alot. The flow and shots are real nice. You should have way more views on youtube. You should try getting some blogs to feature the music. Especially like some indie music type blogs.

I'm jumpin' on the "colour grading was awesome" bandwagon, too. Very cool. That's something I've never been able to wrap my head around.

Needed more bikini in the video, though.

On Friday our music video aired on OKTO, an Austrian Community Television Channel – with a very interesting introduction. I know a lot of people won’t be able to understand it (I’ll post it for the hack anyway), so if you see this as unnecessary thread pushing please delete this post.

Had to put the Link down – I’m sorry.

Our music video for Softer Waves from the Austrian Folk/Indie band Protestant Work Ethic as aired on Poplastikka on the Austrian Community Television Channel OKTO , complete with introduction by a person.

Last edited:
I thought it was excellent. I just wish we'd seen a shot of the guy in the paper boat in the water. It would have been the topper. Though I realize it would be extremely difficult if not impossible.

Back